Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
Once attuned to Reiki, some people go through a phenomenon that could be termed a “mental-emotional-karmic” upheaval. This is quite common after a second degree attunement, though it can happen after other attunements as well. These people experience one or more rough patches in their lives. In these rough patches, they find themselves head on with many of the monsters that tormented them in the past and interfered with their quality of life. These monsters could be in the form of mental patterns like irrational fears, obsessions or compulsions and emotional patterns like feelings of being inadequate, unloved, undeserving, insecure, unsafe etc. Some karmic cleansing can also occur in the form of life changing experiences such as a break up, any kind of loss, miscarriage etc, depending on each person’s karmic blueprint. If you are going through an intense healing of this kind, know that you are not alone. In such challenging moments, it may seem like your world has come crashing down and that Reiki is actually causing more chaos in your life than good. It may feel like the energy has stopped working and that you are left to deal with a whole lot of mess all by yourself.
You wonder what happened to all the peace and pleasant feelings you experienced during the initial stages of your Reiki practice and may even start feeling bitter about healing yourself with Reiki.
If this sounds familiar, consider yourself blessed. Though dealing with fear, obsession, anxiety, anger, insecurity and the like seems far from being a blessing, know that if you are experiencing this, it is indeed a blessing in disguise. Reiki brings up all these patterns buried deep in your energy fields not to scare you, but to give you an opportunity to heal and overcome them. All the clutter that piled up in your energy fields over years, if not lifetimes, is brought up to be healed. All this clutter was buried so deep that you never even realised your energy fields carried a storehouse of unwanted baggage. They came up at specific moments in your life and you denied, suppressed or gave in to them, not knowing how to handle them. And you forgot all about them until they popped out of hiding at the next opportune moment. And this went on and on until Reiki came into your life and starting cleaning up the closet.
What do you do if you ever find yourself in this kind of a situation or healing crisis? The best thing to do is to go with the flow. Here are a few tips-
- First and foremost, allow the patterns to come up. Keep reminding yourself that this is a part of your healing and that it will pass in time.
- No matter how agitated you feel, make sure you practise daily self healing with Reiki. Reiki has a unique way of guiding us to the right places and right people. So, when you are in constant touch with its healing energies, you may be led to other teachers, guides or resources that will assist you with the healing process.
- Make sure you invoke Hon-Sha-Ze-Sho-Nen, Sei-Hei-Ki and Cho-Ku-Rei every time you practise self healing and even when you find yourself in the grip of stubborn patterns from your past.
- If you feel lost and afraid, do not hesitate to request help from Reiki to guide you and help you heal in the most comfortable way possible. It is perfectly alright to talk to the energy, like you would talk to a friend and ask for its help. Remember, Reiki is a highly intelligent energy!
- You can also take the assistance of angels such as Archangel Michael or Archangel Raphael. All you need to do is request- “Dear Archangel Michael, please help me cope with this phase. Please bring me assistance and help me feel strong and comfortable.” And you will be assisted. The angels are always willing to help us, provided we ask them for help.
- Keep in touch with other people who may be part of your Reiki network. Sharing experiences often helps and you will take it easy when you see for yourself that others too might have had similar experiences.
If your own Reiki Master is able to guide and support you through this difficult phase, be thankful and do whatever he or she recommends to make your journey smooth. Do not try to analyse too much and just go with the flow. Some Masters are not in a position to offer ongoing support due to personal and professional constraints, in which case, you will have to support yourself. The above tips will help you.
The bottom-line is- No matter what, don’t give up!
Reiki always works for your highest good. In hindsight, we realise this truth. Keep your practice going at all costs and one day in the future, you will be glad that you persisted. Reiki love and blessings to you 🙂
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Angel Light.