I have found Reiki healing extremely effective and powerful in the removal of spiritual attachments, whether these be thought parasites, earthbound entities, or curses.
The first step in the process is to do an assessment of the spiritual attachment. Questions that you need to ask are…
- What are the symptoms that the client is experiencing?
- When did these symptoms and experiences start?
- What was happening in their lives at that point?
- Who do they think are involved?
- Why do they think that the attachment was formed?
- Are they truly prepared to let go of the attachment and do the necessary aftercare and maintenance after the attachment has been removed?
This gives me a good sense of the client’s state of mind, their own attachment to their perceived spiritual attachment, and how prepared and willing they are to let go. I specifically mention this because in my experience, if someone is not prepared and willing to let go, the attachment will momentarily be removed through the Reiki process, but will reattach in a matter of days, or even hours. The client’s belief in the power of Reiki healing to remove any form of attachment and willingness to let go MUST outweigh their belief in the power of that attachment.
We must always remember that in many cultures there is a strong belief in curses and related spiritual attachments. These attachments are often (and conveniently) blamed for bad luck, lack of abundance, and an array of other problems a person may experience. An attachment to and belief in the power of a spiritual attachment can be so strong that no matter what, it is impossible to “successfully” remove such attachments.
Once this assessment is complete and commitment to the process established, I would normally start a Reiki healing session like any other through the 3 Pillars of Reiki. With the commencement of the 3rd Pillar, I would establish the physical location of the spiritual attachment by using one or more of the following methods:
- Intuitively and I might even intuitively locate the attachment during the assessment stage. I have had instances where the location and nature of the attachment became “known” the moment I met the client, or sometimes even before when preparing for my day.
- Asking the client to visualize the attachment and indicate where in their body they feel any discomfort.
- Through pendulum dowsing. A pendulum is a wonderful tool to use for this particularly if you are having to deal with an “elusive” attachment.
- By doing a Byosen scan to establish where you energetically sense an imbalance in the client’s energy body which results from this attachment.
The removal process can be done using one or more of the methods outlined below:
- Through Visualization: I would guide the client through a visualization process during which they would start by visualizing the attachment as a shape and a size. They would then be guided to use a silver knife to energetically and spiritually remove the attachment, visualizing the attachment dissipating as healed and loving energy back to the Source.
- Selenite Knife: I would use a Selenite knife to do psychic surgery to remove the attachment.
- Scooping: This is also a form of psychic surgery to remove an attachment from the energy body. Scooping is done by using both hands to physically scoop up the energy from the affected area and flicking it away. You can also use a double-terminated Quartz crystal or a feather to “hook” and remove any attachment.
- Black Tourmaline: Once the attachment has been removed it could be beneficial to place a Black Tourmaline crystal at the location where the attachment was removed to protect the energy body and inhibit re-attachment. The aura would be vulnerable after an attachment has been removed and before a healing session has been completed.
- Karuna Ki® Symbols: For those attuned to and comfortable with the use of the Karuna Ki® Symbols, these symbols are highly effective in removing attachments and protecting against re-attachment.
Once the spiritual attachment has been removed, I will do a full aura smudge to remove any residual energy, followed by a full Reiki healing treatment, incorporating the Reiki symbols as and when needed to clear the client’s energy body from any residual energy stemming from the attachment and also to protect the energy body from re-attachment. It is also a good idea to seal the aura after the healing session using whichever method with which you are most comfortable.
Finally, aftercare should also be addressed with the client. I usually provide my clients with an electronic version of a take-home aftercare pamphlet which outlines what they can do to maintain a healthy aura and prevent re-attachment of a spiritual attachment. I also encourage them to schedule follow-up healing treatments to support the health and well-being of body, mind, and spirit, free from whatever spiritual attachment has plagued them in the past.
Article by Thea van der Merwe
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Thea van der Merwe, Ph. D. is a nationally and internationally trained holistic energy, certified and experienced Master Reiki Practitioner, qualified in Usui Reiki, Reijukido, Karuna® Reiki, Karuna Ki Reiki, Crystal Reiki, and Gendai Reiki. She obtained the title of Shihan (full master/teacher), the highest level in Gendai Reiki Ho. Besides her greatest passion which is Reiki, Thea is also a spiritual shaman, healer, and teacher, offering readings as a way of accessing spiritual guidance. Her journey of personal discovery, growth, and healing started back in 2005 when she was personally in need of healing and searching for something more than what conventional medicine and therapy could provide. Thea is currently nationally and internationally registered with the South African Reiki Masters Association and The Reiki Healing Association respectively – both professional associations for the local and global Reiki communities, working to promote the wide-reaching practice and healing effects of Reiki throughout the world and where the primary philosophy is that together, we can do so much more. You can get into contact with Thea van der Merwe at viterra.co.za, which is her website, and at facebook.com/viterrahealing on Facebook.