I began my Reiki journey over twenty years ago. I did not realize at the time how it would change every aspect of my life. I knew very little about Reiki and the purpose of it. It turned out that opening myself up to learn was all that was needed. The rest would come in time and it did.
For those of you trained in Reiki and call upon it mainly for your clients and students, there is more. We are tempted to ignore the many other areas of our life that Reiki can help. We do not include it in all areas of our day because of our busy schedules. Sometimes we find it is easier to care for others than ourselves. However, by taking time each day to include Reiki for yourself will in the end benefit not only yourself but your clients, students, family, and friends. The following is a list of areas that may be of help or remind you to include Reiki in your day.
I will touch upon a few different lifestyles to give you an idea of how to utilize Reiki in your every day. I cannot list them all, but believe the following will be helpful in your daily approach to Reiki:
- When you awaken, take five to ten minutes and allow Reiki to flow as you set the intention for your day. You can take this approach throughout your day when you feel you need a little more help. It does not have to be a long session. A little can go a long way. Remember if you do not knowingly take time during the day for mini Reiki sessions, it is still working.
- While getting kids ready for school, protect them with Reiki. You can add Reiki to their lunch boxes and backpacks that hold all their books. Envision the school bus or walking to school being a safe journey. Set the intention that they are protected from the moment they leave home to the “hello Mom I’m home” at the end of the day.
- As you prepare to leave for your day, infuse Reiki around yourself as well as in and around your car. While doing Reiki, set the intention for safe travels throughout your day. If travelling on a bus or other mode of transportation, do the same thing.
- Upon arriving at work, send Reiki to your office or area where you work. In addition, infuse Reiki around your desk area. Set the intention as to what you want to accomplish for the day. When negative energy enters your space, remove it with a five minute Reiki session. If you are a list maker, infuse Reiki in the list each day. When attending a meeting, send Reiki to the meeting room.
- It is important to take a few minutes away from your office, enjoy a lunch break and incorporate Reiki in the food you will be eating. Although your workday seems too busy to take time for yourself, it is important. It truly makes a difference in your outlook and performance when you do. Adding Reiki is a bonus.
- If you experience an illness or injury, take a few minutes to apply Reiki to the wound area. If it is an illness, do Reiki as often as you can. I incorporate Reiki when I have a doctor’s appointment. I protect myself with Reiki and infuse Reiki into the examination room. The intention is that whatever the procedure, it will go easily for all involved. As stated, it can be short or long sessions. What is important is that you do Reiki for any health issue you may experience. Many times I find that I do not experience pain or it is reduced by infusing Reiki.
- No matter the mode of transportation when vacationing, infuse Reiki. For example, when travelling by airplane, infuse Reiki into your baggage. Upon arriving at the airport, surround yourself with the protection of Reiki. Upon entering the airplane cabin and taking your seat, do a five minute Reiki session setting the intention that the flight will be smooth and safe. You can use this protection for cross country travel, a hiking trip or any other travel plans you arrange.
- When making a home cooked meal or ordering from a favorite restaurant, infuse Reiki into the food and drink. It doesn’t have to be involved or time consuming. Your meal nourishes you as does Reiki. In addition, conduct a five minute Reiki session removing all negative energy from your body that you might have experienced during the day. Set the intention for a peaceful night.
- Your spiritual path is unique to yourself. If you haven’t, I hope you will consider adding Reiki to your spiritual practice remembering it can do no harm. I pray, meditate and do Reiki each morning before starting my day. Infusing Reiki is beneficial in all areas of your life including your spiritual practice. If you wish, I created My Reiki Prayer which you can review and use on the Reiki Rays Authors page. Reiki does not interfere with your beliefs. Reiki’s loving and healing energy can be an addition that can enhance your spiritual life.
- Before retiring for the night and whatever your bedtime ritual, a mini Reiki session may enhance your ability to remove the stress of the day and sleep easier through the night. Set the intention that you have a peaceful night’s sleep.
When incorporating any of the above in your daily life, and you are certified in Reiki II, you may add the symbols while infusing Reiki. An example, when retiring for the night or working in your office, you can add CKR to each corner of the room.
My life includes a great deal of creativity as an artist, author, and poet. Yoga and other forms of exercise have been a part of my life for many, manty and more years. If you wish, refer to my Reiki Rays articles for more ideas about my creative Reiki and the benefits of Reiki. The articles appear online under Reiki Rays Authors and are entitled Reiki and the Art of Creativity and Twenty-Five Benefits You May Receive From Daily Reiki Practice.
My way of living Reiki is not necessarily your way. I am hoping this article will encourage you to incorporate more Reiki into your daily life. Living Reiki without expectation or perfection is what matters. Keeping it simple without judgment of outcome is my motto. Reiki is not invasive and there are no guaranties. It can do no harm. Living a Reiki life helps add Reiki’s loving healing energy for your clients, students, family and friends. May you enjoy this life changing gift each and every day.
Article by Patti Barker Kierys
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Patti Barker Kierys is a Reiki Master-Teacher, artist and author. She is trained in all levels of Usui Reiki and is certified in Ligtharian Reiki I and II. She has been practicing Reiki for almost twenty years. She is a lifetime member of the Reiki Healing Association. Upon retiring after 45 years in the legal field and as a Senior Paralegal, she decided to expand the Reiki experience to the next level. In 2014, she formed The Art of Reiki and offers training in Reiki as well as individual Reiki sessions. Patti can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook – Patti Barker Kierys