We all have the ability to feel the energy, but somehow during our growth we are taught to ignore this ability and focus on the tangible elements of the physical world. The practice of Reiki brings us closer day by day, with that sense of consciousness of energy. It amazes me that after 14 years of practice I keep discovering magical things and I have seen this state of amazement also in my teachers who have more years of practice. At whatever point along the way you find yourself there is some wonder to you, there is some new knowledge to discover, and there are new levels of consciousness to delve into.
I want to share with you an exercise that I learned at the beginning of my Reiki journey, which does not belong to the Reiki practice and can be done by anyone, even without having done a Reiki attunement. These exercises have their own purposes, but secondarily they increased my energy awareness and perception.
This exercise has the purpose of cleansing and protecting the energy field
- With your hands joined, take a deep breath, concentrate on the warmth of your hands.
- Rub your hands together at least 3 times.
- Next, you must sweep the energy field with your hands 5-10 cm from the body from head to feet 3 times:
- The first sweep is for cleaning and you must have the clear intention of cleaning, the only thought in your mind during that sweep is “I clean”. You can pronounce “I clean” out loud. At the end of the sweep, rub your hands together, from the wrist to the fingertips, twice (once for each hand) to remove from your hands the energy that you have removed of the body.
- The second sweep is to strengthen and you must have the clear intention to strengthen from the beginning of the sweep to the end, thinking “I strengthen”. You can pronounce aloud “I strengthen”. At the end of the sweep rub your hands together, from the wrist to the fingertips twice (once for each hand) to remove from your hands the energy that you have removed of the body.
- The third sweep is for protection, with the intention of protection you pronounce in your mind and you can also do it verbally “I protect”. At the end of the sweep, rub your hands together, from the wrist to the fingertips, twice (once for each hand) to remove from your hands the energy that you have removed of the body.
During this exercise I have always had sensations felt with a perception that is not the sense of touch. I feel how my hands pass and how they produce a change that I cannot define in terms of tangible things. It is a kind of wind and chill that accommodates energy in a more harmonious state and brings me to balance. Try to do it yourself and see how you feel.
You can also do this exercise on other people, but do it on yourself first or use the CKR symbol to protect yourself. My experience in doing it in other people is that they had a deep sense of the energy, even greater than the one I transmit by placing the symbols. And many of them wanted to learn it and without being Reiki practitioners, they continue to use it after 10 years.
I hope this exercise brings you the joy and awareness that had bring to me.
Article by Magalí Giménez
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
I am Magalí, I am a Molecular Biologist, I have a PhD in Biological Sciences, I specialize in plant genetics and epigenetics.
I am a Master in Usui Reiki and level two Karuna Reiki®. I am a reader and healer of Akashic Registers.
You can contact me at email@example.com