A good preparation before any planned activity has no second alternatives. Just like a good teacher in a class follows a certain lesson plan or a cook keeps a good amount of prep time separately before the actual cooking begins; similarly, we as Reiki masters need to prepare ourselves energetically before a Reiki session.
Those who practice Reiki daily will already know that there are certain days when we don’t feel the sensations of energy very strongly in our body while on other days the sensations of energy are extremely intense. There is either a strong tingling happening or the palms get extremely warm. Whether we sense it or not we must know that energy is always on the flow. In this aspect before we conduct a Reiki session a small energy preparation from our end helps many folds especially on days when we don’t sense a lot of energy in our palm.
This set of preparations are ideally done before you receive your client for the Reiki Session.
- Before your client arrives sit in your Reiki room and set the ambiance by either lighting some incense/burning an oil lamp
- Play some very soothing music
- Sit and invoke Reiki energy
- Connect to the source and send your gratitude for making you the medium of the transfer
- Sit comfortably in meditation
- Keep your palms in Namaskar position (make sure all the fingertips of both the hands should touch but the palms should not touch)
- Bend the thumbs a bit and place them on our ANAHATA/HEART chakra
- Just feel the flow of energy circulating between the palms as well as in the body. Just observe.
- Trust any intuitions coming during that time
- Stay there for as long as it feels comfortable
- Say a gratitude note
- Once you feel ready open your eyes
- Drink some water
When you feel ready open your eyes and you shall be all set to carry on your Reiki session with a completely new zest. During this short meditation many times we tend to receive certain messages or intuitions. It is best if we observe them as it comes without making any judgments, and make a note of them.
This practice has personally helped me a lot and I wish you will benefit from it too. Love and light to all.
Article by Debashree Bandyopadhyay
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Debashree Bandyopadhyay is a Holistic Image Consultant and helps people with their confidence and body positivity. She is a Master level Reiki Practitioner and practices mantra-meditation and vibration meditations. She is also a yoga enthusiast and particularly takes interest in practicing an yogic lifestyle. She is a practitioner of yogic beauty rituals. You can connect to her at email@example.com