Arthritis is a very common problem worldwide and is a leading cause of disability in adults as well as children. It causes pain, stiffness, swelling of the joints and many other secondary health issues. It exacts a profound economic and emotional burden on the individual and has no permanent treatment.
Arthritis is a range of several disorders which all involving inflammation – when this happens in bones, we call it osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease manifesting as pain and stiffness that is progressive in nature. The most commonly affected joints include fingers, knees, hips, and spine. Another common kind of arthritis is rheumatoid arthritis which is an autoimmune disorder. It mainly affects the synovial membrane and may also affect other organs in due course of time. The standard treatment includes medications like pain relievers and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs), etc. Most of these drugs have several significant side effects and don’t offer any lasting solution. There are certain situations where medications are inevitable, but we need to rely on alternative solutions in order to to reduce or gradually taper off the dosage of these medications.
Emotional roots of arthritis
The major hallmark of all kinds of arthritis is pain, and any kind of chronic physical pain is rooted in emotional factors. The body part where you experience the pain is often an indication of the kind of emotional pain that you are holding onto. So it is extremely important to release the emotions associated with pain (anger, grief, sadness) in order to treat arthritis at the grassroot level.
Your joints are a part of your support system, your base and stability. So an issue with your joints is often the result of an imbalance in the Root chakra.
So here is my perspective on how you can heal your arthritis with a holistic approach:
1. Nutrition – Include more non-inflammatory foods in your diet to mitigate the debilitating effects of arthritis. Consume more colorful vegetables and fruits and cut down the intake of sugar. Add more omega-3 rich foods to your diet.
2. Vitamin D – Vitamin D has a direct impact on our immune system, so make sure that you have the optimal levels of it either by sun exposure and/or through supplementation. With a disease like arthritis, you need to strengthen your immune system to counter the effects of arthritis.
3. Try Accupuncture – It is believed that this ancient healing therapy helps to release the obstructions or blockages to energy flow, thereby easing pain and inflammation.
4. Reiki – Reiki helps to optimize and restore all the chakras to the state of balance. It helps to remove the feelings of fear, anger and insecurity which block the Root chakra, thus bringing relief to the issue of arthritis.
5. Integration – Sometimes we cannot express all our emotions of anger and resentment, due to circumstances. But it is important to express your emotions to release them. So set aside a few minutes every day for this practice of integration. Acknowledge/own your emotions (anger, sadness, frustration, anything) without judgment or criticism. Express them by screaming physically or mentally and release them right there, setting yourself free. Relax for few minutes or until you feel better.
No matter where you are with your journey with your arthritis, there are several options out there to manage your physical and emotional well-being. So don’t give up and channelize your healing energies in the right direction.
Wish you healing and speedy recovery!
Love and light
Article by Dr. Jayashree Ramana
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Dr. Jayashree Ramana is a scientist and nutritionist. She uses Reiki healing as a part of her holistic healing program.
She is Usui Reiki Grand Master and practices Usui Reiki, Karuna Reiki, Crystal healing, Lama fera, Magnified healing, Emotional Freedom Technique(EFT), acupressure, etc. She is a fitness enthusiast and helps people achieve optimal levels of wellness by amalgamating physical measures including nutrition and exercise along with various alternative therapies. Her vision is to empower people and help them tap into their individual power while simultaneously creating a life of abundance and joy.
She is working as Senior Information Scientist at International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. She was formerly a university professor and scientist in the field of Biotechnology for a decade. Her own personal transformation with reiki sparked her passion for metaphysical sciences and this led her to found ‘The Healing Soul’.
Get in touch with Dr. Jayashree Ramana through her website www.thehealingsoul.in or you may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her youtube channel is www.youtube.com/c/DrJayashreeRamana.