What is migraine from the medical perspective:
Migraine is a pulsating or throbbing headache. Usually, it is accompanied by an Aura. Aura is a series of sensory disturbances that happen shortly before a migraine attack.
The four stages of a migraine:
- Prodrome – before the migraine attack
- Aura – migraine is usually (but not all times) accompanied by Aura which includes nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound
- The Pulsating Headache
- Postdrome – fatigue, tiredness, moodiness.
What can cause a migraine
There are two theories of migraine:
- Neurovascular Theory – which says migraine is caused by the excess firing of the trigeminal nerves and resulting in dilation of blood vessels and increase in blood flow;
- Cortical Depression Theory – says that spreading depression is the origin of the migraine in which slow-moving waves start because of an impulse in the occipital lobe.
What is migraine from the emotional perspective:
According to Louise Hay – headaches come from invalidating the self. The next time you get a headache, ask yourself where have I made myself wrong?
Forgive yourself and let it go.
Migraines typically are created by people who want to be perfect and therefore put a lot of pressure on themselves. Also, a lot of suppressed anger is involved.
Seek for medical support in case of migraine. For any illness, I consider meeting your physician is very important. Do not use Reiki as a substitute for medical treatment – however, use it to complement the medical treatment.
Medical treatment and energy medicine are the Yin and Yang of your healing. Each one is incomplete without another, yet both can’t substitute each other.
Elizabeth (name changed) had splitting migraine headaches on and off. She has tried taking medical treatment – the migraine subsided and then occurred again. She was very irritated. According to her, she only got relief after popping a pill and in extreme cases, this wasn’t working either. She only felt better after a good night’s sleep but there were also some exceptions.
What we did:
- Counseling and talking
- 21 days of Reiki Treatment (details are given below)
Reiki Healing Treatment
Before the Reiki treatment
Talk to your clients about the stress and emotions in their life. Ask them if suffering from any physical and/or emotional stress.
99 % of people who are suffering from migraine are control freaks – so ask them:
- What are you trying to control?
- Where are you trying to be perfect?
- Where are you suppressing any anger?
- How is your inner talk?
- Are you self critical?
During the Reiki treatment
- Ask the client to lie down
- Invoke Reiki
- Invite Ascended Masters, Spirit Guides and other Divine beings to offer their assistance
- Use CKR to clean all the chakras – in case you feel dense energy in all chakras ask CKR to remove it; you can wash your hands with salt water.
- Use SHK to fill the chakras with healing energy – you can add the master symbol to enhance and stabilize the healing energy.
- Seal the chakras with CKR
Target the following chakras for treatment and do the above process for each one:
- Major Chakras
- Ajna Chakra: 20 mins
- Sahasrara: 15 mins
- Solar Plexus: 15 mins
- Root Chakra: 10 mins
- Minor Chakras: healing the chakras for 5 mins each
- Ear Chakras: forehead region
- Temples of head
- Foot chakras: dipping the feet in salt water may help
- Follow the energy if any treatment is required;
- Finish by sweeping the client’s feet;
- Finally, send extra energy to energize the body.
Repeat for 21 days and follow up with the client.
Other aspects to consider when dealing with migraines:
- I have personally benefitted from Homeopathy. It’s definitely worth trying.
- Maintain a migraine journal – write every time you experience an attack and notice the triggers. This will help you understand what to avoid in your life.
- Yoga: You can practice Nadi Shuddhi Pranayama or alternative nostril. Breathing practices can help balance energy centers thus reduce migraine attacks.
- Food and nutrition: Certain foods can trigger migraines and it can be different for each person so keep a track of your food and identify what you should avoid. Also, consult a nutritionist if you can. Ayurveda recommends some tried and tested foods – consult an Ayurvedic Expert if you feel guided.
- Lifestyle changes: Overall, migraine recommends a stress-free lifestyle, proper sleep exercise and diet. Go for it!
- Giving up control: the ultimate thing for letting of migraines is giving up control.
While I finish writing this article I heard singing ‘Let it Go’ song from Frozen in the background. How beautiful is this synchronicity where God is telling us we are on the right track!
Love to all readers,
* Special thanks to Dr. Swapnil Chube, MD, my cousin, for his input on explaining the Medical Science behind this article.
Article by Ashwini Chubé
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Ashwini Chube is a Motivational Speaker, Life Transformation Trainer, Wellness coach, Spiritual Teacher, Access Consciousnesses Bars Facilitator & Reiki Grandmaster. Ashwini is also a Writer, an avid blogger and is currently working on her 2 upcoming self help and spiritual books.
She has founded the company Unicorn Insight with a vision to create a world where the world runs on consciousness, joy abundance and love instead of fear, lack and scarcity. Ashwini's mission is to empower individuals to know who they truly and authentically are and help them tap in their power. Unicorn Insight has been instrumental in transformations of lives - whether it is through individual one on one coachings, group workshops, corporate trainings or motivational talks.
Ashwini is a former Investment banker and holds an MBA in finance having worked in Corporate world of Banking and Mergers and Acquisitions with Banks like Morgan Stanley and RBS for 8 years in Mumbai and London before she pursued her calling in 2015.
Get in touch with Ashwini through her Website: www.unicorninsight.com or at email@example.com. Her Facebook page is: facebook.com/ashwinichubeofficial