A healing crisis arises when our bodies, both physical and spiritual experience what I like to call a cleansing period or paradigm shift.
This is common after attunements or sessions that occurs as a side-effect of Reiki energy that we are receiving. It is also a part of the 21-Day Cleansing period that occurs after being attuned to Reiki. According to what I was taught, during the 21 days, each of our seven chakras will be realigned.
I first experienced my first healing crisis after my first Reiki Attunement and again during my journey toward becoming a Reiki Master. This resulted in myself feeling sleepy and tired for a few days. You may also experience a healing crisis via physical symptoms such as sore throats and headaches. That said, this does not happen with everyone as we are all different and deal with healing in different ways.
I’d like to share some examples and ways of enabling our bodies to better cope with a crisis and some tips in ensuring that you slowly ease into the new Reiki energies.
After all, we are human and are susceptible to injury and illness. Despite that, a healing crisis can be easily dealt with by acknowledging what needs to be released via our bodies and chakras. Chakras are simply energy channels or pathways that are directly linked to our bodies.
Here are some self-care practices I use to enable that our bodies get the best treatment.
- Drink water and eat healthy food. Our physical health should also be a priority as we need to stay fit and healthy so that we can conduct Reiki healings properly. Drink water and stay healthy by eating nutritious food in the colors of the rainbow. This helps relate to the colors of the seven chakras.
- Focus on the five Reiki principles as taught by our founder, Mikao Usui during the healing crisis and reflect on what is released over 21 days.
- Practice Self-Reiki every day. This will keep your body in alignment and better process the Reiki energy flowing through you.
- Accept that you are human and are not perfect. We all have flaws and are each our own individual person.
- Prevent the intake of alcohol and stick to fruit juices and drinks that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Be grateful for your unique abilities such as your different clairvoyant/ clair senses.
- Focus on one thing daily that is related to your seven chakras during the 21-Day cleansing period.
After all, Reiki is an energy that works in our highest good.
However, it is also important to note that Reiki sessions and therapy does not equate to proper medical help. As healers, we are not qualified to diagnose and treat illnesses that may be critical and it’s best to leave it to the professionals.
That said, Reiki works alongside many other forms of alternative therapy and I hope that this article enables you to better understand your journey and cope with healing crisis’s in the future.
Article by Gemma Rose
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Gemma Rose is a Reiki Master from Singapore and has been practicing Reiki since it came into her life in 2018. She hopes to introduce like-minded people on its healing benefits and believes that healing starts from within – enabling us to reach our fullest potential.
Gemma can be reached via email email@example.com and her website bluelotusreiki.wixsite.com/reiki