Article by Gemma Rose
As healers, and empaths we are more sensitive to the shifts of energies around us. It is easy to feel more worn down than usual particularly during this time of high amounts of stress and intense emotions due to the pandemic.
Energy not only consists of the people around us; but what we consume and add into our daily lives. This could be via social media, television and communicating with others.
Everyone carries a particular vibration or frequency. As empaths, we are able to feel more strongly as to what a person emits. Compared to positive news that uplifts our spirits, negative or lower vibrations are caused due to thoughts, feelings or emotions.
Therefore, I’d like to share some tips and practices that I use to protect myself from negative or lower vibrations.
1. White Light Meditation
The White Light Meditation is one my favorite meditations as it is simple and entirely cleansing to my spiritual body.
- Firstly, close your eyes and take slow, deep even breaths.
- When you are ready, ground yourselves and visualize a white light filled with pure love and light coming down from your Crown to your Root chakra.
- Slowly allow it to move down your chakras filling them with warmth and protection. This white light will protect your energy for 24 hours, keeping you safe in its protective bubble.
- After this cleansing meditation, give thanks to mother earth and allow yourself to feel reenergized by this meditation.
2. Clearing your space with Reiki
Secondly, I like to clear my space with Reiki. Keeping a clean, comforting space is important as it allows you to concentrate better and allows you to feel more closely connected to the Reiki source.
- Begin by setting an intention, allowing Reiki to flow from your hands to your healing space and parts of the room you are in.
- Allow the loving Reiki energy to flow from you to four corners of the room in a way that feels right to you.
- If you are attuned to Reiki Level 2, you can use the Power Symbol combined with the Mental/Emotional Symbol. I find these symbols helpful in clearing my thoughts before I begin clearing the room.
- The Distance symbol can also be used to heal any areas of the room that may be previously or presented affected by situations that arose.
- For those who are attuned as a Reiki Master, visualize the Master Symbol penetrating your aura from the Crown chakra to your Root chakra, protecting your body as a shield for the highest good. Extend the Master symbol and allow it to shield your windows and entrances around the room in a great white or golden light.
I like to practice daily self-Reiki sessions in the morning or evening in order for me to stay calm, grounded and secure.
Self-Reiki connects us back to our higher-self and Source energy renewing our bodies physically and spiritually. It also keeps your aura and chakras balanced and open to cleansing oneself of certain energies of the day. It is imperative to keep your inner space open and clear as a channel/vessel for Reiki energy.
At the end of each session, I like to thank all the higher energies in supporting me during the day, performing a sweep of my aura before and after to sense and lock the Reiki energy in.
4. Smudging with Sage or Palo Santo
Smudging is another way I protect my energy. I like to use sage or palo santo that I feel works wonders on the aura as it balances the energy around you. Remember to open your windows to allow the circulation of air and for ventilation. Ensure that you keep your sage or palo santo in a fire-proof vessel and use a tea light candle to light the sage stick or palo santo.
- Set your intention and start smudging with your fire-proof vessels from the middle of the room.
- Allow the smoke to drift around the room from a clockwise position finish the cleansing at the entrance of the door while keeping your intention clear.
- After smudging, give thanks for the clearing and place your hands in prayer position as a form of thanks.
However, if you are allergic to smoke, another alternative to smudging is by using a smudge spray. Smudge sprays can easily be made with essential oils and a spray bottle.
You can also add lavender scents to your palo santo or smudge spray and mix them together.
I hope that these tips and practices help you in your journey. Remember that as Reiki healers, we are simply channeling the loving Reiki energy that dwells in every living being.
Stay calm, and Reiki On!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Gemma Rose is a Reiki Master from Singapore and has been practicing Reiki since it came into her life in 2018. She hopes to introduce like-minded people on its healing benefits and believes that healing starts from within – enabling us to reach our fullest potential.
Gemma can be reached via email email@example.com and her website bluelotusreiki.wixsite.com/reiki