Article by Stefanie Ruth
Trauma. Guilt. Heartache. Heartbreak.
Every single one of us has experienced this. Whether it was mild, severe, or somewhere else on the sliding scale, we have all experienced a situation in which we have felt lost, confused, or sad.
What we may not realize, is even after we “move on,” our bodies, our minds, and our cells, have not yet let go. We may have forgotten the situation in its entirety, or we may remember bits and pieces.
Specks. It is in those situations where specks of despair, grief, or guilt have settled. The specks are covered in dust and forgotten about, but still there. We may have covered them up with new memories. Year after year. Layer upon layer. Once in a while, a current situation or memory may bring you right back to that moment in time. Or more likely, a current situation might trigger an emotional response that you don’t quite understand. It may feel like déjà vu. It is in this moment, that we have the power to look at the emotional significance of this feeling, of this speck. In this moment, we have the power to uncover and release what no longer serves us. For in this moment, your heart, your soul, is calling out for you. It is telling you to put your Ego aside and heal yourself. Forgive yourself. Uncover the speck that was covered in dust and forgotten about. It may not be easy, but it may be necessary.
Guilt. That word. That feeling. Release it. Whether the guilt is warranted or not, it needs to be uncovered so that it can be extinguished.
Here is an exercise that may help in releasing guilt and forgiving the self.
- Set up your sacred space, whatever that may look like.
- Ground yourself. Call on your angels or guides, if you wish.
- Envision the Reiki symbols or draw on your palms. Level 1 Practitioners can simply call on Reiki. Level 2 Practitioners can use all three symbols. Reiki Masters can include the Master symbol.
- Set your intention to release guilt and forgive the self.
- Place your hands over your heart and let Reiki flow, filling your Heart chakra with a beautiful pink light. You may hold a rose quartz crystal between your body and hands as you do this.
- Feel any emotions that come up. Acknowledge each one and say “I release this guilt. I release this moment. I forgive myself.”
- When you feel ready, bring your hands to Gassho and give thanks for the healing.
Healing and blessings to all!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Stefanie Ruth is a Reiki Master Teacher, Ordained Minister, and Empath. She holds a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology. With divine timing, Reiki entered her life in 2009 and empowered her to change her future. She enjoys sharing the power and light of Reiki with others. Stefanie provides private and distance Reiki sessions and teaches Reiki classes. She can be reached on Instagram at www.instagram.com/live.and.breathe.reiki/ or on her website, at liveandbreathereiki.ppcbrands.com.