Article by Aparna Nanoti
Pets are an integral part of the family. They share the same home, the same family sometimes extending to eating part of the same favourite food. The emotional bond is so strong that if they are anxious or not keeping well, it becomes a concern for the entire family.
A study has proved that pets or animals have a sense of high emotional quotient as they can only express themselves in familiar surroundings. They get scared when they are out of their comfort area or facing any life-threatening conditions. At times, this results in pets not eating/feeding, failing to respond to any action, or if in pain or anxiety.
Universal energy Reiki is for healing and can be used on animals too. However, healing humans and healing animals is slightly different. Sometimes this can be cleared by being compassionate in understanding their troubles and then giving them Reiki.
Following are some practices that I can share as healing the pets/animals with Reiki practice:
- Compassionate support through talking to them maintaining a conversation, if they are close by, for distance healing this has to be done through meditation.
- Irrespective of the distance, the healer should have a positive state of mind filled with ‘feel good’ thoughts and images.
- During healing, the entire process should be felt ‘with your heart’ as animals have high emotional quotient.
- Sometimes there may be animals/birds that scare you, during this healing you have to constantly connect with them on a higher vibration, where they feel that they are in ‘safe’ hands.
- If the feeling that the healer is scared or upset or angry with the animals, passes to them then that could lead to the end of the mental connection.
Some of the benefits offered by Reiki healing for pets are:
- Assisting with a calm state of mind if your pet is anxious or nervous.
- Post-surgery / medical traumas.
- When the pets are given Reiki healing during medical treatment, the acceptance level is higher.
- Grief or bereavement.
- Relocation to a different place.
Since animals are not able to converse with you that they want Reiki, you will have to use your language, expression and be insightful of their desires and concerns. This gives them a sense of safety to receive healing.
Reiki energy not only helps to build trust between the healer and the pets but also contributes to strengthening the bond between the pets and their caretakers. This bond conveys to the pets that they are loved and the healing is for their highest good.
An important note here is that Reiki is not an alternative for medical care. It is a supplement to ease and relax the pets/animals.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Aparna Nanoti is a software professional with an experience of 18 years in the IT industry. During the last couple of years, she realized she has a strong inclination towards Holistic healing. This urge for knowledge drove her to learn and practice Reiki Healing and Tarot Card reading. She is a Tarot and Angel card reader, Zibu Symbol & Switch word Advisor, Reiki Master, Spiritual Writer, Motivational Coach and Speaker. Her aim in life is to nurture and nourish lives that she touches with enthusiasm for living. For all your questions, you can reach Aparna on email@example.com or through her Facebook page at facebook.com/SeekYourGuidance