Article by Naveeta Singh
Reiki came into my life 10 years back when I was mourning the loss of a close friend. My friend and Reiki teacher Vrinda Moghe Dev gave me healing which helped me deal with the loss. The soothing energy of Reiki washed away my grief and set me on the path to self-discovery. But my main motivation to learn this beautiful healing art was my father’s diabetes. He had high blood sugar level which led to gangrene in his left leg one day. The deep urge to help him control diabetes and other ailments related to it, made me take up Reiki which changed the course of my life for the better.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that affects the pancreas in the human body. It slows down the pancreas which produces insulin hormone. Insulin takes sugar (glucose) from the food we eat and stores it into the body to be used as energy later. As the pancreas does not produce enough or any insulin, the sugar gets stored into the body. This condition is called diabetes.
It was December of 2009 when my father’s left leg was amputated till knee due to gangrene. He was a diabetic and burned the limb while giving hot fomentation. We were unaware of this damage till three days later when the sole of his left foot peeled away after he removed the sock. Due to high blood sugar, the gangrene spread quickly. And we had to amputate his left leg.
At that time I had done my Reiki level I and was a hands on healer. When my dad was discharged from the hospital, the doctors told us that it would take minimum six months for the wound to heal. We bought him home and I start given him daily hands-on Reiki for one to two hours. I have felt this surge of warm energy rushing from my hands into his wound. I have given Reiki to his medicines with the intention that they heal him faster.
After 15 days we took my dad to the orthopedic for a routine check-up. The doctor was surprised to see that the wound had started healing. In three months the wound had healed completely instead of the said six months. Everyone was surprised and happy.
Later on, I learned Reiki level II which prepared me to take care of various ailments associated with diabetes. This included high/low blood sugar level, slowing down of kidney function, slow metabolism, etc. It also helped me to take care of his sugar cravings. The doctor prescribed some tests, then going through the results and tell us what is the problem. And then I have given my father Reiki and his recovery has speeded up. His blood sugar levels never crossed 120.
For those who have diabetes or want to help loved ones dealing with this dreaded lifestyle disease, here is a simple Reiki technique. It can be done by Reiki level I and above student.
- Sit in a quiet place where you will not be disturbed for at least an hour.
- Invoke Reiki, Archangels, Reiki Masters and your Spirit Guides.
- Connect to the patient with the Distance Healing Symbol (Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen).
- Now connect to the person’s Solar Plexus chakra with the Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen. Give Cho Ku Rei and say – “Your (person’s name) pancreas is completely healed and healthy. Your blood sugar level is normal.” Now seal it with Zonar+Halu+Mara symbol and Cho Ku Rei.
- Give Reiki for at least 15 minutes or as long as it takes.
- To heal any injury, connect to the affected body part with the Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen. Draw Cho Ku Rei and intend – “Your wound is completely healed. Your (body part) is completely healed and healthy.” And seal it with Zonar+Halu+Mara and any other symbols you are guided to. Finally, add Cho Ku Rei at the end. Visualize that the person is completely healed and healthy.
- To control sugar cravings, you can give Reiki to the patient’s Third Eye chakra. Connect to the chakra with Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen and draw Cho Ku Rei. Intend that the patient does not have sugar cravings. Now seal it with Se He Ki+Cho Ku Rei.
- Also, give Reiki to their Heart chakra as it is said that people crave sweets when they feel the lack of love in their lives. Connect to the Heart chakra and draw Cho Ku Rei with the intention – “Your Heart chakra is cleansed, aligned and balanced. You feel loved and cared for by your family and loved ones.” Seal the healing with Sei He Ki +Halu+Cho Ku Rei.
In case you are a Reiki level I student then just place your hands on the above mentioned chakras with the above intentions. And give healing as long as you are guided to. You can also Reiki the patient’s food and medicine for a speedy recovery and normal sugar level.
Even if you are a non-diabetic, you can give Reiki to your Third Eye and Heart chakra to control sugar cravings. This tip would be particularly useful with the beginning of the festive season in India.
Healing your subconscious mind through black box technique :
Along with the above healing method, you can also give Reiki to your subconscious mind through Black Box Technique.
- Visualize your subconscious mind as a black box.
- Now connect to it through Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen.
- Draw Cho Ku Rei upon it and intend that the patient does not have sugar cravings. His pancreas is healed and healthy. And his blood sugar level is normal.
- Seal the box with Se He Ki + Dai Ko Myo + Zonar+Cho Ku Rei. You can also add any other symbols you are guided to.
Hope you find these tips useful.
Disclaimer: Reiki is a complementary healing and not an alternative to any medical treatment.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Naveeta Singh is a former journalist from India, based in Kalyan near Mumbai. She is a Usui Reiki Master and Karuna Reiki practitioner who loves to experiment with Reiki and various healing arts since 2009. She believes that everything and everyone in this world deserves to be happy and can attain this through Reiki. She is also into Magnified Healing, Money Reiki, Abundance Healing, Tiger Reiki, Navgraha Healing, etc. Though she loves to learn various healing modalities it is Reiki where she finds perfect solace.