Article by Rinku Patel
The Sanskrit name of Throat chakra is Vishuddha chakra. It is known as the seat of communications. It defines our abilities to communicate with divine, self and others around us. It is the source of communication, hearing, being able to express yourself, raise your voice and opinions without fear when needed, listening to others, easily and effortlessly receive divine messages from angels and guides.
Signs of Balanced Throat chakra – Not afraid of being judged, stand up for truth, honest, communicate easily with divine, self and others without creating misunderstandings, good listener, being able to voice your opinion, easily detect lies, clairaudient, adaptable to changes, smooth talker.
Symptoms of Overactive Throat chakra – Negative talks to self and others, mind chatter, resentful, manipulative, doesn’t listen to what others say, over-talkative, abusive, argues about everything, critical, bully, aggressive while talking, judgemental, yells a lot, dominating, loud…
Symptoms of Underactive Throat chakra – Negative self-talks, liar, dishonest, attracts confusion, hostile, unauthentic to self and others, unable to express themselves or voice their o[inion, doesn’t answer back, hardly talks, resist changes, have inferiority complex, forgetful, timid
Sanskrit name – Vishuddha chakra
Location – Centre of the throat-base of the neck
Color – Blue
Archangel – Michael
Associated organs – Throat, vocal cords, neck, mouth, ears, teeth, gums, apparatus, upper lungs
Related diseases/issues – Asthma, bronchitis, colds, cough, ear infections, fear, hearing problems, hay fever, hoarseness, laryngitis, lost voice, mental confusion, mouth ulcers, pain in upper arm, sore throat, stammer, stiff neck, teeth/gums, thyroid problem, tinnitus, tonsils, too much talking, upper digestive tract, vomiting, whooping cough.
Crystals for Throat chakra – Blue kyanite, turquoise, lapis lazuli, blue lace agate, sodalite, amazonite
Essential Oils for Throat chakra – Frankincense, neroli, jasmine, chamomile, peppermint, eucalyptus
Food for Throat chakra – Lemon, pears, peaches, apple, apricot, kiwi, blueberries, figs
Beej Mantra – HAM
- I express myself clearly.
- I speak truthfully.
Some simplest way to heal-
- Self-healing – Whenever you are doing self-healing, you can keep chanting HAM or the affirmations. Or you can simply give Reiki to your Throat chakra with the intention to unblock and balance the chakra.
- Distant healing – When you are healing others, set your intention to heal Throat chakra and also you can chant affirmation on their behalf.
- Meditation – Meditate on Throat chakra. Visualize a vibrant blue ball spinning clockwise, absorbing all the blockages and transmuting it to divine positive energies to energise and balance your Throat chakra.
- Crystal healing – Take any of the Throat chakra stones and program it with its chakra affirmation, mantra or intention to balance the Throat chakra. Lie down and simply place the stone on Throat chakra for 20 minutes or carry the stone around with you. Alternatively, you can give Reiki by hovering your hands over the chakra stones.
- Water – Hold a water bottle between palms. Set the intention to cleanse, activate and balance Throat chakra. Chant Throat chakra affirmation minimum 28 times while giving Reiki. You can even chant HAM 108 times. Now you have a bottle filled with Throat chakra affirmations and mantras. Consume the water.
- Simply chant – Chant the affirmations or mantra whenever you are free.
- Essential Oils – Dab a drop of any of the mentioned essential oil on Throat chakra.
- Food – Include any of the mentioned or any other food associated to Throat chakra in your daily diet.
- Switchwords – SHOW-LOVE-ACT-TINY-OPEN-SWING-Peppermint-Pie Crust-Dove
Chant the above switchwords 28 times thrice a day or you can even write anywhere on your body.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Rinku Patel is a Reiki Master Teacher, Doreen Virtue certified-Angel intuitive, Fairyologist, Realm Reader, Crystal healer, Angel card reader, and Indigo card reader. Other than that she is a Certified Tarot card reader and spiritual writer. Rinku can be reached via her email address email@example.com and on Facebook at Reiki The Miracle Healing