Article by Rinku Patel
The Sanskrit name of Heart chakra is Anahata chakra. It is known as the seat of soul. It defines love, kindness, compassion, empathy, trust, ability to accept others, be open to give and receive love and gifts, self-love, self-acceptance, abundance, and prosperity.
Signs of Balanced Heart chakra – Loving, kind, compassionate, give and receive love with ease, forgives easily, generous, empathetic, promotes self-love, love others, self-acceptance, patient, prosperous, care about others, good health, sensitive, emotionally balanced
Symptoms of Overactive Heart chakra – Feel unloved, jealous, unable to accept and give love, extreme emotional outbursts, over-emotional, over-compassionate to an extent that people take advantage of him/her, superiority complex, angry all the time, over-confident, lack boundaries, clingy
Symptoms of Underactive Heart chakra – Resentful, unforgiving, unable to give and receive love, compassion, compliments or gifts, jealous, emotionally distant, cry at a drop of hat, lack of kindness and compassion, possessive
Sanskrit name – Anahata chakra
Location – Centre of chest
Color – Green
Archangel – Raphael
Associated organs – Heart, breasts, nerves, ribs, shoulders, arms, blood
Related diseases/issues – Allergies, asthma, blood circulation, breast cancer, bronchitis, chest congestion, circulation problems, cough, fatigue, heart diseases, high blood pressure, hyperventilation, immunity, influenza, lungs, nail biting, pain in lower arms/hands, pneumonia, respiratory problem, shortness of breath, sleep disorders, smoking, tremor.
Crystals for Heart chakra – Rose quartz, pink tourmaline, pink opal, rhodochrosite, green aventurine, emerald, malachite, jade, peridot
Essential Oils for Heart chakra – Rose, Geranium
Food for Heart chakra – Green leafy vegetables, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, okra, beans, asparagus, peas, grapes, pear, plum, cherries
Beej Mantra – YAM
- I am love. I am loved. I forgive myself and others.
- I am a giver and a receiver of Unconditional love.
Some simplest way to heal-
- Self-healing – Whenever you are doing self-healing, you can keep chanting YAM or the affirmations. Or you can simply give Reiki to your Heart chakra with the intention to unblock and balance the chakra.
- Distant healing – When you are healing others, set your intention to heal Heart chakra and also you can chant affirmation on their behalf.
- Meditation – Meditate on the chakra. Visualize a vibrant green ball spinning clockwise, absorbing all the blockages and transmuting it to divine positive energies to energise and balance your chakra.
- Crystal healing – Take any of the Heart chakra stones and program it with its chakra affirmation, mantra or intention to balance Heart chakra. Lie down and simply place the stone on Heart chakra for 20 minutes or carry the stone around with you. Alternatively, you can give Reiki by hovering your hands over the chakra stones.
- Water – Hold water bottle between palms. Set the intention to cleanse, activate and balance the chakra. Chant Heart chakra affirmation minimum 28 times while giving Reiki. You can even chant YAM 108 times. Now you have a bottle filled with Heart chakra affirmations and mantras. Consume the water.
- Simply chant – Chant the affirmations or mantra whenever you are free.
- Essential Oils – Dab a drop of any of the mentioned essential oil on chakra.
- Food – Include any of the mentioned or any other food associated to the Heart chakra in your daily diet.
- Switchwords – ADJUST-LOVE-CHARM-CLEAR-DIVINE-FORGIVE-LIMIT-Mirrored Reflection-Home
Chant the above switchwords 28 times thrice a day or you can even write anywhere on your body.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Rinku Patel is a Reiki Master Teacher, Doreen Virtue certified-Angel intuitive, Fairyologist, Realm Reader, Crystal healer, Angel card reader, and Indigo card reader. Other than that she is a Certified Tarot card reader and spiritual writer. Rinku can be reached via her email address email@example.com and on Facebook at Reiki The Miracle Healing