Article by Rinku Patel
The Sanskrit name of Solar Plexus chakra is Manipura chakra. It is known as the seat of power. It governs our willpower, gut instinct, self-confidence and the ability to create our life. It defines our choices, self-esteem, trust, wisdom, clarity, being able to put your views to others, and being self-disciplined. We store our feelings in Solar Plexus especially about how we see and judge ourselves and others. Hence unbalanced chakra causes lack of self-confidence or over-confidence, either you are self-critical or full of yourself.
Signs of Balanced Solar Plexus chakra – Good health, easy manifestation, assertiveness, overall well-being, positive, balanced emotions, self-esteemed, good will-power, effortless connection with Divine and Higher realms.
Symptoms of Overactive Solar Plexus chakra – Superiority complex, looking down on others, bully, anger issues, abrasive, misuse of power, dominant, egoist, aggressive, judgemental, “I am always right”, over-ambitious, stubborn, critical of self and others.
Symptoms of Underactive Solar Plexus chakra – Blocked emotions, no goals, cold, inferiority complex, lack of concentration, aloof, feel un-loved, oblivious, doesn’t forgive, naïve, doesn’t open up to others, trust issues, learning problems, lacks empathy.
Sanskrit name – Manipura chakra
Location – 3 fingers above navel
Color – Yellow
Archangel – Uriel
Associated organs – Intestines, liver, stomach, pancreas, kidneys, face, spleen, all digestive organs
Related diseases/issues – Abdominal cramps, acidity, anorexia, bulimia, chronic tiredness, diabetes, digestive problems, eating disorder, fear, food allergies, gastritis, gall bladder problems, gall stones, heartburn, hepatitis, jaundice, kidney problems, less immunity, liver problem, pancreatitis, peptic ulcer, smoking, stomach problems, shingles, ulcers, vomiting.
Crystals for Solar Plexus chakra – Tigers eye, citrine, gold quartz, yellow aventurine, pyrite, amber, camel agate
Essential Oils for Solar Plexus chakra – Ginger, Cinnamon, Clove
Food for Solar Plexus chakra – Papaya, yellow pepper, squash, sweet potatoes, eggs, apricot, lentils, orange, carrot, oats, peach, mango, pumpkin, cinnamon
Beej Mantra – RAM
- I accept who I am. I love myself and others.
- I am successful in everything I do.
Some simplest way to heal –
- Self-healing – Whenever you are doing self-healing, you can keep chanting RAM or the affirmations. Or you can simply give Reiki to your Solar Plexus chakra with the intention to unblock and balance the chakra.
- Distant healing – When you are healing others, set your intention to heal Solar Plexus chakra and also you can chant affirmation on their behalf.
- Meditation – Meditate on Solar Plexus chakra. Visualize a vibrant yellow ball spinning clockwise, absorbing all the blockages and transmuting it to divine positive energies to energise and balance your Solar Plexus chakra.
- Crystal healing – Take any of the Solar Plexus chakra stones and program it with its chakra affirmation, mantra or intention to balance Solar-plexus chakra. Lie down and simply place the stone on Solar Plexus chakra for 20 minutes or carry the stone around with you. Alternatively, you can give Reiki by hovering your hands over the chakra stones.
- Water – Hold water bottle between palms. Set the intention to cleanse, activate and balance Solar-plexus chakra. Chant Solar Plexus chakra affirmation minimum 28 times while giving Reiki. You can even chant RAM 108 times. Now you have a bottle filled with Solar Plexus chakra affirmations and mantras. Consume the water.
- Simply chant – Chant the affirmations or mantra whenever you are free.
- Essential Oils – Dab a drop of any of the mentioned essential oil on Solar Plexus chakra.
- Food – Include any of the mentioned or any other food associated to Solar Plexus chakra in your daily diet.
- Switchwords – LISTEN-BETWEEN-POINT-GUIDE-WATCH-QUIET-Dolphin-Mercury
Chant the above switchwords 28 times thrice a day or you can even write anywhere on your body.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Rinku Patel is a Reiki Master Teacher, Doreen Virtue certified-Angel intuitive, Fairyologist, Realm Reader, Crystal healer, Angel card reader, and Indigo card reader. Other than that she is a Certified Tarot card reader and spiritual writer. Rinku can be reached via her email address firstname.lastname@example.org and on Facebook at Reiki The Miracle Healing