Article by Aparna Nanoti
Grief – The mere mention of this word makes your heart sad. Nobody can explain how grief can be dissolved or taken away, as that pain is personal to each person. It’s a feeling that experiences tears flowing down your eyes without any words being spoken. These tears are basically feelings of unspoken love for that person whom we’ll never see again.
Recently I lost my mother – my strength, my guide, my best friend. She was my idol and my world revolved around her. I felt completely lost and loneliness engulfed me.
After her demise, I had many sleepless nights and my bereavement continued for quite some time. I was extremely sad and would keep crying all the time. Every little thing in life reminded me of her and I would keep asking myself why did she leave us so soon! There were so many vacations and so many things that we had planned to do, but now nothing would ever bring her back.
There were also times when I felt guilty about the things that I had said and unsaid, the way I had sometimes behaved now knowing that there is no chance to apologize.
It was then that grief overwhelmed me and I knew that these times will just be in my heart forever.
Many a times when a loved one passes away the feeling stays in our heart for several months, before acceptance and moving on. Memories of our loved ones and the time spent together causes our heart a feeling of happiness of all the good times.
It was during one of those days that I was divinely guided by my Archangels to focus in my heart. Our hearts are the centre chakras for all our feelings and act as a connector between physical and spiritual world.
As a Reiki Practioner and Healer, I knew what to do – but grief had overwhelmed me so much that I couldn’t think at all. As time passed, I was guided to heal myself with the help of Heart chakra. I know that the pain will never go away but it will subside, helping me be at peace with myself.
I followed the following steps and soon with practice was able to heal my grief. You can follow these steps if you are attuned to the second level.
- Sit straight or lie down comfortably with palms facing the sky.
- Take a long deep breathe and exhale through the mouth by making the sound “AAh” releasing all the thoughts and stress in your mind.
- Do this 4 – 7 times so that your body now feels relaxed.
- Sometimes your mind may wander, recognise and accept the thought, then focus back on your breathing.
- Close your eyes.
- Say Cho Ku Rei 3 times and activate Sei He Ki symbol.
- Complete this by saying Cho Ku Rei 3 times and making the Reiki sandwich.
- You can also draw the symbols on your palms.
- Then place your palms on your heart and set an intention that this is happening for the highest good.
- Connect with the person whose grief you want to heal and let your mind remember all the fond memories.
- There may be times that some unwanted memories also surface.
- You may get emotional and sometimes cry.
- Practice this and soon you will be at peace with yourself.
- With the passage of time you will forgive yourself for all the things that you wanted to say.
Healing grief depends on various factors like the depth of your relationship, the circumstances in which the loved one passed away and your own guilt.
Your loved one will never be forgotten but in due course of time and with this practice it will help you heal your grief.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Aparna Nanoti is a software professional with an experience of 18 years in the IT industry. During the last couple of years, she realized she has a strong inclination towards Holistic healing. This urge for knowledge drove her to learn and practice Reiki Healing and Tarot Card reading. She is a Tarot and Angel card reader, Zibu Symbol & Switch word Advisor, Reiki Master, Spiritual Writer, Motivational Coach and Speaker. Her aim in life is to nurture and nourish lives that she touches with enthusiasm for living. For all your questions, you can reach Aparna on email@example.com or through her Facebook page at facebook.com/SeekYourGuidance