Article by Deborah Lloyd, Reiki Master
Each of us is responsible for our own self-talk. Listen to what you say to yourself, all day long. Do you give yourself words of encouragement when you are struggling? Do you congratulate yourself when you do something well? Do you criticize yourself, or give yourself negative feedback, when you make a mistake, or you think you failed at something?
The first person who taught me, through her books and videos, about the power of affirmations was Louise Hay. In her first book, Heal Your Body, written in 1976, she made the connection between thoughts and physical health. Eight years later, the book You Can Heal Your Life, brought her teachings to millions of people.
The concept that our thoughts create our reality became accepted by many people. Louise Hay developed thousands of positive affirmations to help us to create positive lives. We learned how to express self-love and love to others. We learned that these thoughts can heal us and heal others. We learned how to accept ourselves as powerful beings. Practicing positive thoughts can change our lives.
Stating positive affirmations every day, and throughout our days, is a dynamic way to live. As we know that every thought we have, and every action we take, creates energy, the practice of positive affirmations brings healing energies into our lives. Adding Reiki energies adds another strong element to this practice.
Here are some ways you can enhance positive affirmations with Reiki:
- Buy a box of affirmation cards and infuse them with Reiki. Every morning, set the intention to choose the card that will help you the most that day. Place the card between your hands, give it Reiki and then read the affirmation on the card. Throughout the day, repeat the affirmation and ask Reiki to add its special energies.
- Write down an affirmation, relating to a current situation in your life; hold the paper in your hands and send Reiki to the affirmation.
- Send Reiki to your self-talk. If you make a positive comment to yourself, enhance it with Reiki energies. If you make a negative comment, ask Reiki to heal it.
- Ask your Reiki Guide to give you the best affirmation needed for your growth and healing, on a frequent basis.
- Ask your Spirit Guides to lead you to the best books, youtubes, websites and/or healing practitioners to enhance your understanding and acceptance of mind, body and spirit connections.
One of the greatest benefits of affirmations is this – they truly work! Combining this practice, with Reiki energies, boosts their effectiveness even more. Affirmations are yet another opportunity for each of us to grow in our awareness and connectedness to the healing energies we need.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Deborah Lloyd is a Usui and Karuna® Reiki Master and certified holistic therapy practitioner, providing Reiki sessions and training in Asheville, NC. Deborah is the author of two books, 22 Messages from the Archangels; and, Believe and it is True: A Story of Healing and Life Lessons. She is also one of the co-authors of Reiki 101: 101 Answers for Your Reiki Questions. Reach Deborah at http://www.deblloydhealing.com/, firstname.lastname@example.org and at Deb Lloyd Healing on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/deblloydhealing)