Article by Rickie Freedman
Preparing for my Workshop “From Passion to Profession – YES You Can!”, I finally counted and was amazed to discover that in 2018, I shared almost 1000 Reiki Sessions, not including events, classes, workshops, and fundraisers!
I am Blessed to have created and manage Harrisburg PA’s first Reiki Center “Reiki by Rickie ~ ReikiSpace & Learning Place.” ReikiSpace is truly an extension of me, and I make a Conscious daily choice to live in Integrity with the Reiki Healing Principles every day. I am convinced that the reason that ReikiSpace is successful is that Love and Service are always first, and we are never focused on numbers, dollars, competition, or fear. I am very conscious of the energy of all my words, emotions, attitudes and thoughts, and how they impact my well-being and inner peace, my clients and co-workers, and on and on into the world.
Here are the Reiki Healing Principles, along with my personal philosophy.
They impact my business on a daily basis. I recite the Healing Principles many times daily, and thus I created the “Rickie Healing Principles” so that I can express what I desire to attract and be in my life with the highest vibration.
- “Just for Today, I release all worry”… Worry is a low-frequency vibration. It will lower your ability to attract what you truly desire, and attract more to worry about.
My “Rickie Healing Principle” states “In this moment, I Choose Faith.” Every aspect of my journey has been about trusting my guidance and being willing to say YES! Stepping forwards, and taking inspired action. I trust in perfect timing, and I am able to flow with the natural ups and downs of class attendance, weather cancellations, missed appointments, etc. “In this moment, all is well.” Cycles will come and go, and I will continue to learn and grow from every challenge.
- “Just for Today, I release all anger”… Anger can drain energy in huge bursts. Walking the Reiki path doesn’t mean we don’t experience every emotion, or have significant challenges come our way. Reiki is a path of Integrity. Anger can be an impetus for change if expressed in a healthy and loving way in alignment with Reiki.
My “Rickie Healing Principle” states “In this moment, I Choose Peace.” Peace is what I desire in my life and my Reiki practice. Sometimes it is a moment by moment choice to breathe deeply and share Reiki with myself so I can continue to be a healing presence for others. When a client forgets their appointment, I am able to be in place of Compassion, as we have all done this at one time or another. In my experience, no one ever takes advantage of this, as they never want to miss their Reiki!
- “I Honor Every Living Thing”… Reiki honors our connection and oneness with all sentient beings. The more love and compassion I can allow for myself, the more I can share with others. How we treat ourselves affects others and the world. Reiki always begins with ourselves. Keeping ourselves filled up, connected and grounded allows the energy to flow through and never drains us, while remaining heart-center and connected. I am able to view the behavior of others with the eyes of Compassion.
- “I Earn my Living with Integrity”… Of course, we always need to be honest in our work. This principle to me is about our “Life’s Work” – are we following our passion and purpose, sharing our gifts, and living in accordance with our own core values? Integrity lives in our solar plexus, and our gut will speak to us when we are not being our True Selves in the world. It is not enough just to “Talk the Talk.” People can feel when we are not in alignment, and will not feel safety and trust.
- “I Show Gratitude for all my Many Blessings”… Gratitude is one of the highest frequency vibrations. When we remember to show and express our Gratitude, by the Law of Attraction we will continue to attract more abundance to be Grateful for. This can be financial – money is an energy which must continue to flow and be shared – but it can also be an abundance of peace, joy, and bliss. It is physiologically impossible to be stressed and grateful in the same moment. Writing 3-5 things we are Grateful for every morning and evening is a simple powerful practice that takes very little time. It will start and end your day in a positive vibration, and you will catch yourself throughout your day looking for things you are Grateful for to remember to put in your Gratitude journal!
Just for Today … we can all make the moment by moment conscious choice to provide the peaceful, balancing, connected, unconditionally loving, non-judgmental perspective of Reiki to every aspect of our lives and work. It is all one and the same when we live in integrity by the Reiki Healing Principles. BE Reiki, and continue to choose love always.
Peace and Namaste’, Rickie
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
For over 20 years, with her focus on bringing an Integrative approach to Holistic Health, Rickie’s expertise spans across many aspects of healthcare, particularly pain and stress management, as well as the reduction of addictive behaviors, anxiety, and sleep issues. Her mission in the world is to bring the Inner Peace of the Reiki Experience in a grounded way to as many people as possible in every walk of life. Rickie teaches all levels of Reiki Classes, including “Reiki for Healthcare Professionals” and “ReikiKids”, and is Certified in ReikiSound and ReikiVoice. She also facilitates a mentorship program entitled “Follow your Heart AND Do it Smart” for Holistic Healers and small business professionals who would like to move forwards with Heart and Service first! You can follow Rickie at reikibyrickie.com/.