Article by Durga Pillai
I’ve always been fascinated about the air bubbles. Haven’t you played with them?
Most grown-ups become childlike for a few moments when they watch air bubbles floating in the breeze. If you observe yourself more closely you’ll know that anything and everything that connects you to your child ‘Self’ has a huge impact in your present-day life. It can be both liberating or threatening which depends on your childhood experiences.
The artwork ‘Love’ by Aleksander Milov, Ukraine reminds me of the bubble that we are. We break at the smallest touch; easily triggered and increasingly vulnerable. The ‘Ego’ self wilfully chooses to break bonds but the ‘Inner Child’ self is unconditionally loving and compassionate. Though the disparity between your ego and inner child is a glaringly obvious setback you’re your own healer.
How do you balance your Ego and Inner Child?
As a healer, you’re constantly evolving and transforming yourselves from time to time. Meditation is a beautiful experience of your‘Self’ by your‘Self’ for your‘Self’.
Break the bubble!
Did you know that each of us have different reasons that provoke anger, hurt or sadness within us? Yes, negative and positive emotions are highly subjective to the person who experiences them. During meditation, you connect with the great deep ocean of silence within you. You realize the Oneness of life itself.
Here is a simple ‘Bubble Shower’ meditation I follow to help me connect to my inner child whenever my ego is triggered.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe slow and deep to calm your mind and body.
- Observe you. Observe everything and anything you think or feel at this moment.
- Visualize yourself being amidst a shower of rainbow-colored bubbles pouring down from the sky and the heavens above. It starts with a drizzle and slowly builds up to a heavy shower of bubbles.
- Remember, each bubble is the purest form of Divine Energy. Be creative. Imagine the bubbles to be Angels, Reiki symbols or Mother Nature’s Spirit Guides.
- Play with the bubbles to your heart’s content. Let them soak you with wellness and abundance. Let the bubbles sit on you and burst into a medley of colors each a blessing from the Divine Creator.
- Experience the moment. Relax! Embrace the divine blessings showered upon you. Feel the bubbles touching you and popping out.
- Become your child ‘Self’ this very moment. Let go and welcome ‘You’ as you are at this moment.
- Thank the Divine Creator, Universe, Reiki, All Divine Beings, the founder of Reiki, your Reiki teacher and yourself.
When I stand amidst the bubble shower I feel my huge life-sized ‘ego’ bubble pop out into thin air. I’m open to receiving a multitude of blessings from the Divine and Reiki. I surrender myself with a childlike enthusiasm. Gratitude!
How Bubble Shower meditation helps you?
Every time you practice Reiki you build your awareness about yourself and your environment. It tunes you to listen to your true self. A bubble shower meditation can help you welcome your awareness about your ‘ego’ self with unconditional love and divine blessings from the Creator and Reiki.
Next time you catch yourself getting angry or sad, practice the bubble shower meditation to help you let go of your ego and accept your own divinity.
May Reiki rejuvenate the world! Wish you love and wisdom.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Durga Pillai is a writer, Reiki healer, and spiritual seeker. She channels Reiki Distance Healing and currently lives in a beach town in the southernmost part of India. She enjoys alone time, music and books while charms her luck with candle making, quilling and anything that awakens the creator within. She believes in spreading light, love, and spirituality to kids and women in the remote parts of the world. Follow her here: themeraki.org