Article by Reiki Master Sunetra Dasgupta
For the past year, I have been working consciously on my shadow self and without a doubt, it is one of the best things I have been doing for self.
What is shadow self?
There are many beautiful articles available on the same, but to explain them in a sentence or two is as follows – Shadow Self is that part of ours which we are not ready to acknowledge, our inner conflicts and our unresolved issues with self or others. It is the “trouble” we try to keep at bay.
Meditation is an ancient healing technique which has been practiced across many religions. Once we start meditating, our body tends to relax, our heartbeat and brain activities starts to slow down. It is at this time when we are able to access our deepest conscious thoughts and acknowledge the needful. It is a good idea to meditate every day.
I shall break down the steps for everyone’s benefit
- Clean the space with the Master symbol and Power symbol. If you are not attuned to the symbols yet, please feel free to channel Reiki to the whole room to clean space.
- Draw all the symbols on your whole body, or just give yourself a quick self-healing session before starting the meditation, as it is an intense form of healing.
- Visualize you are in a garden, feel the grass underneath your feet, enjoy the weather, let the fragrance of flower waft through your nose. Relax, don’t force yourself through anything.
- As you go farther ahead in the meditation, visualize a pond or a small water body in front of you, which has pristine clean sparkling water in it.
- Now imagine a huge ball of light coming out of the water and being at 60-degree angle away from you.
- Imagine the light from the ball falling on you, your whole body is covered with light.
- It is during this time, you may see a few dark spots in your body, these spots are where your shadow self-energies/blockages are trapped.
- You may ask the dark spots what they signify, you may get flashes, hear or just feel what is the issue is.
- Please feel free to heal these “spots” with Harth, Shanti or the Emotional symbol or any symbol one may be guided to do it with (I personally use Gajanan Vinayak Reiki).
- One may feel angry or sob or just be indifferent, It doesn’t matter. Know that a lot of healing has taken place.
- Continue this healing for 31 days, take a fortnight break and restart.
This method will help in bringing out a lot of blockages which are there in a conscious or subconscious mind and help you embrace yourself and others better. Do remember to drink a lot of water after the exercise, as you tend to undergo heavy cleansing.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Apart from being a lecturer teaching undergraduate students Mathematics, Statistics, Research Methodology and Business Communication, Sunetra Dasgupta is a Reiki Teacher. She is emotionally attached to Reiki as she feels, when she was nowhere, Reiki came to rescue her. She has channelled Gajanan Vinayak Reiki, and heals and teaches Traditional (Usui) Reiki, Karmic Reiki, Karuna Reiki®, Soulmate Reiki, Fusion Reiki, Wagle Reiki, Angel Reiki, Tiger Reiki, Lavender Flame Reiki, 30 more types of Reiki, Magnified Healing, DLA, Akashic Records, Access Consciousness, Aura Brushing, Cord Removal, Hypnotherapy, Past Life Regression, EFT, Psychic Surgery, Angel and Tarot Card Reading, Runes, Tasseography, Violet Flame, Herbs and Oils, Candle Magick, Signature Analysis, Vastu, Numerology, Feng Shui, Bach Flower, I Ching, Fairy Ring, LOA. She is also an Angel whisperer. She lives in India and can be followed on her Facebook Reiki Page: Soniele Daniel Healing Miracle facebook.com/Sonieledanielhealingmiracle, Instagram at instagram.com/sonieledanielhealingmiracle and on her Tarot Page which she has formed with 2 other members facebook.com/Tarotmaniacs. She has also written a book “Lessons I learned from Reiki” which can be bought from Pothi.com.