The lack of grounding in today’s world gifts us with a fluctuating mind which brings about an interest in everything, but not enough attention span and retention. This becomes a big problem when we have to study and retain something. Here are a few methods which will take care of many aspects of studying. If it is your child that is studying, do the same things mentioned below for the child.
The External Preparation
If you’re going to have an intense phase of studying, like before exams etc, a few things can go a long way in helping maximize your retention and concentration. Avoid electronic devices and media, junk food, and energy drinks or caffeine. This probably sounds like everything you use to ‘take a break’ between intense sessions, but in reality, these activities weaken your Root chakra, which in turn gives you a wandering mind and poorer memory.
So what do you do if not these things? If you really want to take a break from studies, do some stretches, or even better, dance. Walk in nature if you have access close by, and if you don’t want to move around a lot, doodle or paint something. All these help the brain balance out and relax for real, instead of providing a temporary rush of addictive dopamine. Eating fresh, warm and nourishing foods cooked in healthy, non-refined oils help the body prepare better for all the hard work.
Bringing in Reiki
Distant Healing Symbol to Connect with the Knowledge
When you read something, always draw the distant healing symbol to connect with the knowledge. Some have asked me if they can use it to connect with the author, and maybe you can do that too, but I prefer connecting with the knowledge, because I feel that that allows us to gain even more than what the author is offering through that book. But do what feels right. Connecting either with the knowledge or the author facilitates a deeper understanding beyond our own perceptions.
Mental Healing Symbol to Improve Memory
Drawing the emotional/ mental healing symbol on the base of the neck helps to increase retention power and concentration while studying, while also balancing out the emotional state so that feelings don’t get in the way of the studying.
Putting It All Together
So to sum things up, when you’re sitting to study and at the end of studying, do this:
- Start with a root-strengthening exercise. If you have a favorite grounding exercise, do that, or stand with your feet shoulder width apart, bring your complete attention to your legs and feet, and imagine your body weight completely shifting to your legs. Witness your breathing in the belly in the meantime, and remain this way for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use the distant healing symbol to connect with your books.
- Use the mental healing symbol on the base of your head, the amygdala, to improve your concentration and memory.
- Draw the physical healing symbol on the Root chakra to anchor and seal this knowledge within your system.
And for the future…
Finally, send healing for the exams with a few separate intentions.
- First, send healing for the exams – imagine yourself writing the exam (or giving the interview/presentation, etc), and feel the way you’re feeling, relaxed and comfortable and able to remember everything effortlessly. Draw all the symbols mentally on this mental picture.
- Next, imagine the results or the consequence of your exam/ interview/ presentation – feel the joy you are experiencing as you see your score, or hear about your promotion or hear the compliments about your work. Draw the symbols on this mental picture.
- Do these two exercises every day.
Article by Ashwita Goel, Reiki Master
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Having learned Meditation as a child, Ashwita incorporated Reiki into her life during her early teens. After a decade of witnessing the magic Reiki, she felt compelled to take up Reiki professionally, and ended her corporate career in 2007, taking up Reiki full-time. She eventually incorporated EFT, hypnotherapy and past life therapy into her work. Apart from her healing work, she teaches Reiki and meditation, and her book ‘Healing Through Reiki’ is available on Amazon. You can connect with her through Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Reiki.Bangalore,
her website http://www.reiki-bangalore.com/ or visit her blog http://www.ashwita.com/zen/