Article by Shailja Kapur
The word ‘Sanctuary’ means haven or place of protection. It is a beautiful area filled with divine energies where we can relax; feel peace and unconditional love. The purity of the place is so divine that it attracts more tranquillity and positive energies in the space. The main objective of the abode is to make us feel lighter, calmer and peaceful. The place where we can simply breathe the energy and let go of all tension, worries or unwanted energies.
We should create a sacred space at home for us and our family; where positive energy and unconditional love reside. Here we can relax by spending the quiet time, meditating or practicing Reiki. This special place can be created with unconditional love which embraces Reiki energies. It is our Reiki Sanctuary at Home.
When we keep practicing Reiki and healing sessions in this sanctuary, this sacred space starts to resonate with our aura and fill us with divine love and light. My personal experience is that as soon as I enter this sacred space, I feel that Reiki switches on and it flows through me naturally. I can easily differentiate the high positive vibrations of the place.
I would like to share the way I have made the Reiki Sanctuary at home and its benefits:
Before starting the ritual choose the place and cleanse it with incense.
- Wash your hands.
- Stand in the room where you would like to make a Reiki Sanctuary.
- Invoke Reiki, do your Reiki prayer and call guides.
- Express your gratitude to Reiki, divine energies, and the space.
- Set an intention that “This Place is a Reiki Sanctuary Now”.
- Rub your hands and draw the Power Symbol on each of your palm chakras and visualize it in a red color (if possible) and say in mind “Purify!” thrice while moving the hand in an anti-clockwise direction using Mukula Mudra (place the four fingers touching the thumb).
- Draw the Emotional Symbol and visualize it in a green color (if possible) and then draw the Power Symbol again on the palm chakras and say in your mind “Charge!” thrice while moving the hand in a clockwise direction.
- Draw the Distant Symbol and Master Symbol or any other symbols you are guided to.
- Now as the hands are infused with Divine symbols, we are ready to make Reiki Sanctuary.
Please note that to visualize the symbols in colors is entirely up to the practitioner.
The whole process is divided into three Parts: Purify, Charge and Empower. This procedure transmutes all the unwanted energies of the space into love and light and creates a divine Reiki abode.
Purifying the Sanctuary
This procedure will be carried out by moving ourselves in an anticlockwise direction from one corner to another.
- Start from any preferred corner of the room, purify it with the Power Symbol and visualize it in a red color. Say in mind “Purify!” thrice while moving the hand in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Move anti-clockwise and purify the wall that is adjacent (left) to the corner using the Power Symbol in the same way.
- Continue moving anticlockwise in the room and purify other corners and walls in turn until you reach the same corner again where you started.
- Now purify the ceiling and then the floor and the center of the room using the Power Symbol in the same way.
- Draw the Emotional Symbol on the first corner where you started and pat thrice while saying thrice “Stabilise!”, “Stabilise!”, “Stabilise!” and turn anticlockwise and repeat the process on each wall and corner in turn until you reach the corner where you started.
- Repeat the same for the ceiling and then the floor and the center of the room.
Charging the Sanctuary
This procedure will be carried out by moving in a clockwise direction from one corner to another.
- Start with the same starting corner and draw another Power Symbol and visualize it in a red color. Then charge it by saying in your mind “Charge!” thrice while moving the hand in a clockwise direction.
- Now turn clockwise and charge the wall adjacent (right) to the corner using Power Symbol in the same way.
- Continue moving clockwise in the room and charging each corner and wall in turn until you reach the same corner again where you started.
- Charge the ceiling and then the floor and the center of the room using the Power Symbol in the same way.
Empowering the Sanctuary
This procedure will be carried out by moving ourselves in a clockwise direction from one corner to another.
- Start with the same starting corner and put the intention that “Only positive energies will enter and remain in the place” and draw Power Symbol and visualize it in a red color and empower it by chanting mantras, switch words or positive thought for a few minutes while giving Reiki. You can also put affirmation.
- Let the Reiki flow for a few minutes or as long as you are guided to.
- Repeat the process for each wall and corner by moving clockwise and then the ceiling and the floor and the center of the room.
- You can intuitively draw other divine symbols.
- Additionally, you can charge and power the Reiki Sanctuary with a crystal dowser.
- Seal and protect the session with the Power Symbol and Master Symbol (if you are attuned to it).
Optionally, you can also decorate the Reiki Sanctuary with high vibrating energies for example:
- Keep the Natural Himalayan salt lamp near the entrance of the room or beginning of the space, if you are using one favorite spot of the room – It releases the negative ions in the surrounding.
- Bell or Tibetan bowl
- Crystals or Crystal Clusters
- Candle or Incense
- Aroma diffuser- Use essential oils
- Pictures of Mikao Usui, Angels, Archangels, Ascended masters, Reiki principles, Reiki symbols or other Divine beings and energies you are guided to.
The above are just a few examples but do not limit yourself but explore. Use the inspiration to make your oasis, a high vibration state with soothing energies.
To maintain the sacredness of Reiki Sanctuary
- Please make sure you do not clutter.
- Cleanse and Beam it with Reiki regularly.
- Build and develop it with the essence of love & Light!
The Benefits of the Reiki Sanctuary
- A perfect place to meditate.
- You can perform Reiki sessions. Personally, I have noticed that the unwanted energies melt away and switch your mind towards healing. It takes you towards the energy of love and light.
- The ambiance of the place is so relaxing that it makes your Reiki experience more fulfilling.
- Spending quiet moments and practicing Reiki in the morning in that space makes me feel refreshed.
- This is a wonderful way to bring yourself back to your true self after the busyness of the day.
- Before retiring at the end of the day, spending a few minutes or more in the Reiki Sanctuary provides peace, calm and sense of wellbeing which promotes sound sleep.
- Reiki Bank – When we need the healing energy for any reason, either we are feeling low, need to boost confidence or anything else, we can use the Sanctuary as a Reiki bank. Take a moment, connect your Reiki sanctuary with the Distant Symbol, breathe the energy of the space into your being. Receive the Reiki Blessings!
Enrich your home with Reiki Sanctuary!
Thanks to all the Gurus for the Divine Guidance and Blessings.
Love and Light!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Shailja Kapur is a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Healer. She got passion for various Reiki practices and other healing modalities. She also practices Candle Healing, Distant Healing, Crystal Healing, Dowsing, Magnified Healing, Yoga and Guided Meditation. She always felt a strong connection with Reiki. She had started practicing Reiki since her childhood without knowing what she used to do is called Reiki. As possibilities are endless with Reiki, her enthusiasm to experiment Reiki and share her experiences with the world. She believes self- purification, self-dedication and selflessness enhances your Reiki experiences. Shailja can be reached via her e-mail address email@example.com.