Article by Chimi
The Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), commonly known as tapping, is used for a variety of problems, such as anxiety, chronic pain, and weight loss. I have modified the original technique by adding points so it can be used before doing Reiki on yourself or to generate it before a session with a client. Please note that this is not a medical treatment, and any diagnosis and treatments for the conditions previously listed and others should be managed by a medical professional.
If you scroll down this page, you will get an explanation of the tapping sites and how to tap. For this article, I have added more points than are shown on the website and have slightly changed the order so that the hands are the last thing you tap as opposed to the first. I have listed points in the sequence you will tap in for this meditation.
TH – Top of the head
EB – Inside of the eyebrow
SE – Side of the eye (do both sides)
UE – Under the eye (do both sides)
UN – Under the nose
CP – Chin point
HC – Heart Center
CB – Collar Bone (do both sides)
UA – Under the arm (do both sides)
SP – Solar Plexus
HP – Hip joints (do both sides)
KC- Karate chop, the pinky side of the hand
- Like any meditation, sit or lie down in a quiet place.
- Take a few deep breaths and scan your body for any areas of tension.
- On your exhale, relax those areas of tension.
- Visualize Reiki coming in through the crown of your head from above. You can visualize a beam of light. I often like to visualize a stream of stars entering the top of my head, but use whatever works for you. As it enters the very top of your head, it goes straight down your head and starts to move down the spine at the neck. It goes all the way down to the base of the spine and into the Earth.
- You are grounded and elevated at the same time.
I have written something that you can say before starting if you choose:
I receive Reiki directly from source.
Using tapping to open up the channels in my body,
I expand the amount and power of Reiki generated
To be used with unconditional love and compassion
On myself and other sentient beings,
To alleviate suffering and increase happiness and ease.
- TH: Start tapping the top of your head and visualize the Reiki that has just entered at the top of your head forms a cap that covers your head.
- EB: Start tapping and visualize Reiki moving through this area spreading to your forehead and the inside of your eyebrows at your third eye.
- SE: As you tap the sides of your eyes, the beam of Reiki moving through this area spreads to your temples.
- UE: As you tap under the eyes, the beam of Reiki moving through this area spreads to your lower eyelids, cheeks, nose, and jaw.
- UN: As you tap under the nose, visualize the beam of Reiki moving through this area spreads to your upper lip.
- CP: As you tap the chin, the beam of Reiki moving through this area spreads to your lower lip and chin.
- HC: As you tap the heart center, Reiki moving through the spine in this area spreads into your heart center. It spreads further and further, filling both the heart center and chest.
- CB: As you tap the collar bone, Reiki moving through the spine in this area spreads throughout your chest. As it spreads throughout your chest, it moves to your shoulders, traveling down to your arms and into your hands.
- UA: As you tap under the arm, Reiki moving through the spine in this area spreads out to your underarms and the sides of your abdomen.
- SP: As you tap the Solar Plexus, Reiki moving through the spine in this area spreads into the abdomen, infusing all the organs in the abdomen.
- HP: Reiki moving through the spine in this area spreads into the hip joints, infusing all the organs in the pelvis. From here, it travels down the legs and into the feet and the earth, grounding you.
- KC: As you tap, all that Reiki generated throughout your body moves to your hands and out of your hands. You are now ready to perform Reiki on yourself and others.
Afterwards, you can say:
Reiki now flows through my whole body with ease as I enthusiastically Prepare to help (myself/others/a name), Giving them space to work towards wholeness with the help of unconditional love from the universe.
I hope you enjoy this meditation and explore EFT/Tapping further. Namaste.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Chimi is a Reiki Master Teacher and Certified Crystal Therapy Practitioner. She mixes Tibetan Buddhism and Roman Catholicism to create a unique spirituality that includes crystals, Reiki, meditation, prayers, Buddhist deities, and Catholic Saints. She is also interested in EFT and looking for ways to incorporate it into meditation and Reiki. She often uses the Chakras as a guide when meditating and creating meditations.