Article by Reiki Master Sunetra Dasgupta
Mrs. Hawayo Takata was one of the pioneers of Reiki, a student of Dr. Chujiro Hayashi, she was the one who got Reiki to the western world, and it is all because of her that we all have the privilege to learn Reiki. Today though she is not present in skin and bones with us, she does pay visits during attunements, and her direct legacy is being carried by her granddaughter Ms. Phyllis Furumoto, and rest of us have learned from masters who come maybe a lot later in the lineage, but we cannot disagree that she is the Mother of Reiki.
There are a lot of healing techniques which were taught by Mrs. Takata, but there are 2 things I would like to share today, one is her healing technique and one is a drink she made, which is known as the Takata Cocktail.
1. Takata Strokes
Also known as blood cleansing, this is a process to stimulate the nervous and circulatory system. It improves oxygen levels in the blood and releases toxins from your blood. It also balances the energies of your spinal cord. This should not be done every day, only when you feel the patient is weak and needs stimulating.
Note – For the nervous system – 3 strokes; For the circulatory system – 10-15 strokes
- Place right hand on patient’s left shoulder and with your left hand sweep arm from right shoulder to fingertips. (10 – 15 strokes) or (3 strokes)
- Place left hand on patient’s right shoulder and with your right hand sweep arm from left shoulder to fingertips. (10 – 15 strokes) or (3 strokes)
- Place right hand on patient’s left hip and with your left hand sweep leg from right hip to toes. (10 – 15 strokes) or (3 strokes)
- Place left hand on patient’s right hip and with your right hand sweep leg from left hip to toes. (10 – 15 strokes) or (3 strokes)
- In the end turn patient over and keep 2 fingers at the top of the spine (neck). Stroke 3 times swiftly from neck till tailbone for nervous system and 10-15 times for circulatory system.
- If the person suffers from diabetes, the last step should be done in reverse. I.e. the strokes should be from tailbone to neck, to ensure that the blood flow is towards the heart.
2. Takata Cocktail
Mrs. Takata always insisted her students to have a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, it was said that though it looked beautiful it tasted horrible, but it was to re-energize self and helped blood building and energy for the body, and insisted that they drank it every day. Though the exact recipe is not known, I shall share the one which was shared by Dr. William Lee Rand in one of his articles and it’s as follows:
- One medium carrot
- One beet of around 2 inches in diameter, the green part of it can also be included
- Two stalks of celery
- Ten small watercress leaves or one tablespoon watercress leaf
- Two cups of purified or spring water
- Reiki for a couple of minutes
All the ingredients are put in the blender and before blending, Reiki is given to the blender and all the fruits and vegetables for a couple of minutes. It is a very intense and a powerful detoxifier and can be drank in a gap of an hour by dividing the juice into two cups. It not only detoxifies the organs but also energizes us and gives us mental clarity for our day to day life.
Mrs. Takata was a strong advocate of self-care and insisted her students to eat healthy and organic as much as possible and take care of their body.
I hope you enjoyed this article and would try out the technique and the juice.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
A lecturer by profession, teaching undergraduate students Mathematics, Statistics, Research Methodology and Business Communication, Sunetra Dasgupta is also Reiki Teacher & Healer. She strongly believes that Reiki came to her rescue in difficult phases of life, helping her to cope and transform. Sunetra is currently affiliated to Alohahappiness - an MNC specializing in various healing services, remedial products, Vaastu, Numerology, Astrology and Past Life Regression to name a few. At Alohahappiness, she is an active Guide, Healer and Teacher regularly taking up cases for healing and courses for teaching. She has channelled Gajanan Vinayak Reiki, and heals with and teaches Traditional (Usui) Reiki, Karmic Reiki, Karuna Reiki®, Soulmate Reiki, Fusion Reiki, Wagle Reiki, Angel Reiki, Tiger Reiki, Lavender Flame Reiki, 30 more types of Reiki, Magnified Healing, DLA, Akashic Records, Access Consciousness, Aura Brushing, Cord Removal, Hypnotherapy, Past Life Regression, EFT, Psychic Surgery, Angel and Tarot Card Reading, Runes, Tasseography, Violet Flame, Herbs and Oils, Candle Magick, Signature Analysis, Vastu, Numerology, Feng Shui, Bach Flower, I Ching, Fairy Ring, LOA, Diceology, Lithomancy, Hydromancy. She is also an Angel whisperer. She has also written a book “Lessons I learned from Reiki” which can be bought from Pothi.com.
She lives in India and can be contacted via Alohahappiness official page facebook.com/alohahappiness or Instagram handle @alohappinessbykayshetty. Her personal Pages are facebook.com/Sonieledanielhealingmiracle, and Instagram handle @sonieledanielhealingmiracle.