Article by Kathleen Johnson
Reiki practitioners are aware of the importance of grounding the client during a Reiki session, and over the years, Reiki has guided me to develop an effective grounding practice. This affirmation effectively grounds the client, as it also releases and removes any incompatible and/or unhealthy energies.
It is also effective for balancing the client’s energies because, in addition to grounding the individual, it connects him/her to Spirit, and centers him/her in the Heart. True balance is achieved when the individual is properly grounded (Earth), connected (Spirit), and centered (Heart).
This technique is taught in all my Holy Fire Reiki Level 1 classes and is applicable and appropriate for any level and/or style of Reiki.
- Perform this affirmation near the end of the session, following the hands-on treatment.
- While continuing to channel Reiki, begin by gently holding or touching the Receiver’s feet and silently state the following:
- “(Receiver’s name) is a child of the Divine, he/she is a child of the Universe, and he/she is your child, Mother.
- I affirm that (Receiver) is grounded to your beautiful face, so he/she may walk confidently upon you all the days of his/her lives, secure in your unconditional love.
- Your support is pure, your love is unconditional, and we are grateful.
- As (Receiver) is grounded to your beautiful face, I affirm that he/she is connected to Spirit.
- I also affirm that (Receiver) is centered in his/her Heart, as he/she walks in balance throughout his/her lives.
- For that purpose, I release and remove energies that do not serve the Highest Good.
- I release and remove energies that are incompatible with (Receiver’s) path, energies that are not his/hers to carry, and energies that are toxic or detrimental for him/her.
- I release, remove, and return these to your loving arms, Mother Earth, to be cleansed, purified, and recycled. And I am grateful.”
- Pause and intend that the energies flow through the client, through you, and down into Mother Earth. Hold the space until it feels complete.
- “(Receiver) is deeply healed and blessed by Reiki”.
- Again, hold the space until the grounding feels complete. You may follow with chakra balancing and testing, if so guided.
As stated above, this technique is quite effective for grounding, centering, and balancing the recipient, as well as for clearing any residual energies. It is my sincere intention that this technique becomes a valuable addition to your Reiki practice.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Kathleen Johnson is a Usui/Holy Fire II Reiki Master, a Kundalini Reiki Master, and a Certified Crystal Healer. As a Spiritual Teacher & Mentor, she assists others in discovering their unique path to wellness, wholeness, and authenticity. Kathleen is also a Certified Past-Life Soul Regression Therapist, and infuses Reiki into her work with clients’ past lives.
She is the Founder of UniverSoul Heart, LLC, a holistic healing and wellness practice based in Pennsylvania, USA. Kathleen enjoys teaching all levels of Reiki classes, from Level I through Master/Teacher, and is honored to assist others on the Reiki path. In 2015, she was guided to begin teaching Reiki to children, with her "Reiki Rocks! A Children's Program" class. Teaching Reiki to children is simply joyful, and her students have taught Kathleen so much about the beautiful simplicity of Reiki. She also offers “Crystal Basics” and “Finding Your Life Mission” workshops for those wishing to deepen and enrich their self-knowledge at the soul level.
Kathleen co-hosted and presented at the Reiki Rays Spring 2018 Summit, and was a presenter at the Reiki Rays Winter 2018 Summit when she shared her experiences with Distant Healing. She is passionate about raising awareness of the benefits of Reiki and holistic wellness and enjoys speaking to public and private groups.
As part of her commitment to raising awareness, Kathleen is featured in radio interviews with CUTV News and is the host of "UniverSoul Heart Radio with Kathleen Johnson- Sensible Spirituality for Everyday Living", broadcast on Transformation Talk Radio. She has also been a featured guest on “Reiki Currents”, a Facebook Live Talk Show.
Writing is a passion for Kathleen, and her articles about Reiki and Spirituality are published on Reiki Rays and in Reiki News Magazine. She is currently gathering information for a book and knows that Reiki will be with her every step of the way.
Kathleen’s website is www.universoulheart.net, and her email is email@example.com
You can find her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/UniverSoulHeartReiki, on Twitter @UniverSoulHeart, on Instagram @universoulheartreiki and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/universoulheart/