Article by João Antão Marques
This technique enables us to “deprogram” the ways of seeing and think, the erroneous affirmations and false behaviors.
When using this technique you should explain clearly to the client what you are going to do and the affirmations you are going to use. We use an affirmative sentence, formulated in the present (for instance: “….(name of person), you are free from tobacco”). The affirmations can be worked together with the client to make sure that they correspond exactly to what he wants. Reiki cannot be, and should not be any taking of power towards the other, following our own desires.
The treatment is made with the patient seated.
- Wash hands and take off jewelry, belts, shoes (both from therapist and client);
- Center yourself on the heart for a few minutes;
- Smooth the client’s Aura three times, from head to feet;
- Place your hands on the client’s shoulders for a few minutes in order to establish contact;
- Keeping one of your hands over the client’s shoulders, draw the CKR (repeat the name thrice) over the client’s occipital, and allow the Ki to flow for some minutes. At the same time visualize a golden, or white light, penetrating by the top of your head and filling all your body. Allow the energy to flow to the client through your hands (this procedure allows us to neutralize eventual blockages);
- Draw the SHK over the client’s occipital (repeat its name thrice);
- Draw the CKR over the client’s occipital and repeat its name thrice in order to fix;
- Name mentally the client three times and contact his Superior Self, asking his authorization and intervention;
- Place the palm of the hand, that was on the back of the head, over the forefront, with fingers over the skull and place the other hand over the occipital.
- Visualize SHK (repeat its name thrice) between the skull and the hand and fix with the CKR (repeat its name thrice).
- Pronounce, mentally, and for three times, the affirmation phrase;
- Imagine that the Light circulates, through yourself, from the Crown chakra to the feet chakras;
- Allow the energy to flow, through your hands, to the receptor. Visualize the newly required state;
- Smooth again, and for three times, the client’s Aura from head to feet and implant the Hara energy to the Crown chakra;
- Rub your hands to eliminate the od energies and send them, mentally, to the Light, to the earth or to the Violet Flame for transmutation;
- Important – Wash, with water and soap, your hands and arms to the elbow after each treatment;
Deprogramming Technique (the one I use)
As usual for any Reiki treatment:
- The room is cleaned energetically;
- You are protected and grounded;
- Your hands are activated;
- Your client is grounded;
- Your invocations requesting authorization, help, and guidance, have been made.
With the client seated in front of you.
- Draw an SHK (repeat its name thrice) over the client’s crown chakra;
- Express mentally an affirmative sentence.
o The sentence has to be short, made in the present tense and should correspond exactly to what the client wants – you can work it with the client – and never use the word no;
o Do not use long sentences, it is better to use short ones and to treat a problem at a time.
- Repeat the SHK (repeat its name thrice) and the affirmative phrase;
- Keeping your dominant hand, at circa eight to ten centimeters, over the client’s crown chakra, move to his back.
- Channel the energy for circa twenty to thirty minutes, repeating the affirmative phrase (or phrases) periodically. For the last five minutes channel only Reiki;
In case it is difficult to keep your hand over the Crown chakra for such a long period you can switch hands by placing the other hand under the giving hand.
It is expected to see the head of the client balancing back and front. Eventually, he may drop his head. It is also normal the client to report weight on his shoulders and or head or to feel sleepy afterward. It is also possible that you have to interrupt the treatment after fifteen minutes or so as some clients are not able to hold more than that.
This treatment is to be applied for ten minutes each time, for a maximum of six consecutive days, followed by two additional treatments the next week. It can be followed by a “traditional” Reiki treatment. Usually, I like to perform four consecutive treatments for a start, followed by weekly treatments. If needed, the frequency can be adapted. Once the results are obtained, it is advisable to perform periodic treatments (every two weeks) for a couple of months to ensure that the result is kept.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
João Antão Marques, a retired chemical engineer, is an Usui Tibetan Reiki Master/teacher living in Lisbon, Portugal, with training in Jikiden Reiki, Karuna® Reiki and Seichim, Lotus Light Jewel, Tibetan Bowls Massage and Therapy of Past Lives. Works as a volunteer with elder people in a Daily Center of the Portuguese Red Cross and has also worked with drugs and alcohol addicted. Recently undertook a study of the effects of Reiki in people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. João can be reached by mail at email@example.com.