Article by Stephanie Drane
Autumn sees the last harvest here on the northern hemisphere. All is safely gathered in and very little will grow now, the cycle of birth and growth is over until spring. Nature is at the point of receding and dying back; the energy in the plants is drawn inwards to maintain life through winter, the seeds dropped into the earth are apparently lying dormant but with so much potential, awaiting the time to grow, animals are preparing to hide away, building their energy stores to see them through the winter. The whole of nature around us is withdrawing, gathering, retreating and hiding away into cosy nooks and crannies preparing for the cold, dark days to come. There’s no wonder we feel the call to do this too! Many of us feel this call to withdraw, gather our reserves and nurture ourselves at this time.
Here’s a Reiki self-healing visualisation that I like to do in Autumn:
Before doing this you may like to go for a walk somewhere that you can see the signs of autumn. Enjoy the rich colours and maybe collect some fallen leaves, seeds, conkers and acorns. You can use these to place in front of or around you while you do this visualisation or you could create a mandala with them and be reminded of the healing whenever you see it.
- Make yourself comfortable with cushions and blankets. You may like to lay down for deep relaxation or sit so that you can feel your feet on the floor to help with grounding. Do whatever feels the most beneficial to you.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, relax your body and mind and centre yourself.
- Start to channel Reiki for self-healing, visualise the beautiful energy entering the top of your head and filling your body with healing light.
- You are now going to visualise that you are a tree.
- First see your strong roots growing from the centre of your feet deep into the earth, anchoring you safely there.
- Now see your branches growing from your shoulders, neck and head. They are covered in lush green leaves. In this visualisation, the leaves represent your worries and cares, any of your thoughts and actions that do not serve your highest good. You may feel the weight of them on your shoulders and mind.
- Now draw the Reiki energy and your attention into your trunk, the core of your body. Feel it making you sturdy and strong. See the energy flowing into your roots, safely grounding you into the earth. Focus the energy into the inner spark of your soul, the light right at the centre of your heart. Feel the Reiki soothing and healing you.
- As you draw your energy inward from the branches, into your core, see that any positive energy, lessons and love goes into you and the only thing left in the leaves are worries and thoughts that no longer serve your highest good. Notice that without your energy, attention and focus your leaves are shrivelling and withering. They have no energy in them now and are held so loosely on your branches that they sway in the gentle breeze. Notice that the burden of them has lightened.
- Visualise the autumn wind, energised by the beautiful life force Reiki, blowing stronger around you, loosening your dried up leaves even more, and gently lifting them away from you. One by one the Reiki wind is carrying away all your old troubles. You are safe, calm and happy and feel gratitude as you let go of your old leaves. Feel the refreshing, cleansing, rejuvenating effect of the Reiki wind as it blows gently around you until all of your old leaves have blown away.
- Allow yourself to sway gently in the healing autumn breeze. Feel the strength in your trunk and roots that keep you boldly upright and safely grounded. Let your branches move in the breeze and enjoy the light, unburdened feeling now that they are free. Allow your branches to draw in Reiki energy from above and feel it entering your body.
- Focus your attention on your core, where your inner spark glows bright and strong. Enjoy knowing that there is so much energy and potential within you and you are capable of creating new growth whenever you need to.
- Stop the flow of Reiki when you feel ready. Thank Reiki and take a few deep breaths. Wriggle your fingers and toes and bring your attention back to your surroundings. Open your eyes and smile.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Stephanie Drane is a Reiki Master, Holistic Therapist and Spiritual Artist in Suffolk, England. Stephanie’s mission is to provide her clients with a calm and serene space away from their busy lifestyles, where she encourages them to take control of their own wellbeing and to value and nurture themselves to bring about inner peace, balance, and happiness. As a Reiki Master Stephanie is thrilled to be able to teach and empower others: “It is so rewarding to watch people discover the positive power of Reiki and experience the benefits for themselves.” When Stephanie is not giving Reiki and other holistic treatments or enjoying time with her family and friends she recharges herself by swimming in rivers, walking barefoot outdoors and eating good food. Stephanie’s website is: www.angelichands.biz Check out Stephanie’s blog for her insights and wisdom on how to enjoy inner peace and a calmer life over at angelichands444.wordpress.com.