Article by Vidyaa Bunty Talreja
Hi, Tiger has been a very special spirit animal in my life. The Tiger Reiki was gifted to me through my friend “Bhavna Kothari”. I have really worked with the Tiger Energies and have been sharing my experience with my known friends and relatives. Lot of them have benefitted in working with the energies of the Tiger to improve on the area of their finances or health or in terms of healing their inner child or becoming bold and confident in all walks of their life.
Tiger as a Spirit Animal:
Its beauty, size, demeanor, and behavior all make it the perfect animal for spiritual examination and enlightenment. Tigers as spiritual totem symbolize a plethora of bold virtues that are important to human life: royalty, majesty, illumination, protection, guidance, and power.
- The primary meaning of tiger spirit animals is personal strength. This spirit animal may point out to a recent event or situation that prompted you to show courage and determination.
- If the atmosphere of your encounter with your power animal is mostly positive, the tiger could remind you of your personal power and ability to overcome obstacles.
- Tiger spirit animals can represent physical strength, vitality, and health. The expression “strong like a tiger” denotes the positive attributes that your power animal can communicate to you.
- As an extension, the presence of the tiger spirit animal could connect with your appetite for life and sensuality.
- Tiger Spirit animal as a spiritual guide asks you to create a sacred space for yourself to live in solitude connecting with your inner self to know yourself better in order to grow.
The tiger symbolism plays its largest role in Asian mythology and mysticism. The Five Asian tigers are unique to this region and serve as governors of the basic elements.
- The white tiger is the ruler of the autumn season and metals.
- The black tiger rules winter and water.
- The blue tiger governs spring and earth.
- The red tiger is charge of summer and fire.
- The fifth and final Asian Tiger (the yellow) is the supreme commander and is symbolic of the mighty sun.
Colors of Tigers
You see each listed with their properties below:
- Red tiger: Increasing health, vitality, life-force energy, courage, father energy.
- Black tiger: Soothing energy, calming down excess worry and agitation, good for anxiety.
- Blue tiger: Creativity, fertility, sexuality, new ventures.
- White tiger: Spirituality, connection with guides and angels, intuition, life path.
- Yellow tiger: Christ consciousness, love, purity, protection.
- Brown tiger: Grounding, earth energy, security, home, and hearth.
- Green tiger: Money, abundance, wealth, success, luck.
- Purple tiger: Fun, lightening up, inner child, happiness.
- Pink tiger: Romance, relationships, receiving love, communication.
- Orange tiger: Generosity, giving to others, giving unconditional love, mother energy, nurturing.
Working With Your Guardian Tiger:
During your attunement, you may have connected with your Guardian Tiger. This is a tiger you may be given to work with using Tiger Reiki (and for your life in general). The tiger may give you a special name for you to call it.
If you did not receive a Guardian Tiger, you can ask for one in meditation. Imagine yourself in a forest. You cross a pond and walk towards a field. You sit under a tree in the field. Now you ask your tiger to come to you. Ask it what its name is. Note its colors (they will tell you what you need to work on in your life). The tiger may be multi-hued, yellow with red stripes and a black tail, or even more colors!
You may find your tiger changes colors as you work on specific issues in your life. Guardian Tiger is a gift and will help you with anything (for your highest good). Just ask.
Steps to Work With Tiger Energies to Get Guidance:
- For Grounding: Draw Hu symbol on air and connect with brown tiger. Imagine energies of brown tigers entering your crown chakra and going thru all chakras till root chakra. Now imagine roots coming out from palms and feet and going into earth.
- Now, draw Sacred Whiskers Release Symbol around your aura and on air. Request the tiger energies to release the negativity to Mother Earth and turn them to positivity.
- Breath in (with your nose deeply) and breath out via mouth. Do this breathing exercise 5- 7 times. While breathing out each time, say I release all that is not for my highest good.
- Chant Om 11 times aloud or mentally. This will align you to divine vibration.
- Draw Hu Symbol again. Request this time to connect to your guardian tiger or the guardian tiger of the person for whom you want guidance. Connect with the tiger to work with you and give you guidance.
- When getting guidance for self – You say please connect with my guardian tiger to receive guidance for the question or to receive guidance for the day.
- When getting guidance for others – You say please connect with the guardian tiger of *X* to receive guidance for the question or to receive guidance for the day.
- Pose the question on your notebook.
- Now, draw the Sacred Whiskers guidance symbol on air, crown, third eye, heart, both your palms and on notebook and pen.
- Note down the guidance. You may see the colors or tiger may give you some words. Note them and try to decode the message.
- You get to go with their guidance helping you grow beautifully.
- Thank the tiger energies in the end post the activity.
- Attunement to Tiger Reiki is a must to practice this activity.
- Practice on self for 11 – 21 days before practicing the guidance for someone.
- Don’t get disappointed if you don’t see any colors or receive any messages on Day 1. As practice deepens, the guidance becomes clear. Be open, to receive by awakening all your senses open.
Happy Practicing with the Tiger Energies.
Love, Light, and Wisdom to all of you.
– Vidyaa Bunty Talreja
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Vidyaa Bunty Talreja is an IT Consultant by profession. She has studied Psychology and ardently follows spiritual practices to bring meaning to her life and to the life of others. She was drawn to spirituality right from her childhood. She was introduced to Reiki in 2011 by her aunt and Reiki became an integral part of her life from then on. Vidyaa is a Usui and Karuna® Reik Master level Practitioner. She also practices Lavender Flame, Ashtalakshmi Reiki, Money Reiki, Karuna® Reiki, Wagle Reiki, Dolphin Reiki, Gajanan Reiki and Deep Healing Reiki. She is also a Tera Mai Seichem Reiki Level Practitioner. She does auto writing using Reiki to get guidance. She uses switchwords, mantras and crystals in her daily practice. She practices Eknath Easwaran’s Passage Meditation, Praveen Rishi’s Ashtamangal Meditation and Mantra Meditation. She practices Forgiveness meditation and gratitude exercises to her day-to-day life. She lives in Chennai, India. Vidyaa can be reached via mail on email@example.com