Article by Aparna Nanoti
Last year was a challenging year health wise as I had to go through an arthroscopy surgery. This was very challenging not only physically but also mentally as I work where there are dynamic changes in the day to day routine, due to multiple projects.
As I had undergone surgery I could not attend work and had to stay in bed as the movement was painful. I had a lot of time on my hands and I spent a lot of time reading books, watching TV, listening to my favorite music and spending a lot of time with my family. As days passed by, I woke up every night as if there is some work to be done. A lot of anxiety and nervousness would overcome me and I would try to go back to sleep, but this was a recurring occurrence that started worrying me.
One night when I woke up, I just closed my eyes and prayed to the Universe to guide me if there was anything that I required to do and went back to sleep. I didn’t get any answer immediately, but I stopped waking up and would sleep peacefully afterward.
A few days later, I started coming across a lot of articles regarding Reiki healing practices and it interested me. It was like everyone I met or spoke to would discuss benefits of Reiki healing self-healing, symbols and distance healing. I was very attracted and decided to go ahead and learn to heal myself as my pain was excruciating and I was tired of the pills I was taking.
Surprisingly, once I started my search for a Reiki Teacher in my locality, I got a teacher and was attuned. I started practicing REIKI, self-healing and the experience was very positive. As I completed each level, I started a little morning ritual for my day, to be in complete total positivity and everything turned out to be for my highest good.
This ritual has helped me face my day with a lot of enthusiasm and vigor, in spite of the stress and daily stuff that one has to face. It is a simple method to start eliminating negativity and invite positivity into your life.
My One Minute Morning Ritual:
As I wake up, I sit on the bed and take deep breaths for 5 times. Inhale through the nose – exhale through the mouth by making a sound.
From the 5 principles of Reiki, I decide which principle I’ll be following Today:
- Just for today, I will be grateful – Thank everything that comes to your mind. This could be the birds you hear chirping, you’re breathing, your little child next to you or anything that comes to your mind.
- Just for today, I will not worry – This helps in already deciding that nothing will affect you. Stress may affect you, but at least the intensity will be reduced.
- Just for today, I will not be angry – This helps me in trying to resolve situations than reacting to them. There is no need to react every time, sometimes just breathing out helps in preventing anger or reactions.
- Just for today, I will do my work honestly – This brings me peace at the end of the day. I try to think of all good things that my work gives me like fulfillment, money to pay my bills and this drives to be more productive and efficient.
- Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing – This reminds me to be loving and compassionate about every living thing. Even if you water the plants on your desk, or give a smile to strangers in the elevator it will set your mood high. Kindness begins with a smile.
Once I have decided on my principle to have a fulfilling day of positivity I conclude my ritual by setting an intention that everything that is happening is for my highest good.
Then with a smiling face, I set out to have a great blessed day.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Aparna Nanoti is a software professional with an experience of 18 years in the IT industry. During the last couple of years, she realized she has a strong inclination towards Holistic healing. This urge for knowledge drove her to learn and practice Reiki Healing and Tarot Card reading. She is a Tarot and Angel card reader, Zibu Symbol & Switch word Advisor, Reiki Master, Spiritual Writer, Motivational Coach and Speaker. Her aim in life is to nurture and nourish lives that she touches with enthusiasm for living. For all your questions, you can reach Aparna on firstname.lastname@example.org or through her Facebook page at facebook.com/SeekYourGuidance.