Article by Justine Melton
Do you like to be in nature? Out in the mountains perhaps or in a park or yard? Do you enjoy stopping to smell flowers, or feel a sense of joy when you see a flower that has just bloomed? Plants carry energy and can add so much positivity to your home, workspace or Reiki practice.
It is no secret that I love plants of all kinds. They each carry their own energy that really adds to the vibration of whatever room I’m in. I love to send Reiki to my plants and to my garden as a whole. Whenever I see a plant not doing well I always send Reiki energy. It helps plants to grow and be healthy just as it helps people.
Did you know that plants carry their own symbolism just as animals do? They can add so much positivity to a space, help cleanse it and not to mention are a great source of increasing the oxygen in your space. There are endless plants I could list here that are great for whatever space you are wanting them in. If you have been thinking about a certain plant and have been wanting to put it in your space google it and see what type of meaning it may have. You might be surprised at the answer.
Below you will find a short list of the plants that I have at my own home and what their symbolism is. This is not to say that this is what you should have at your home or that these are the only plants you should choose from. I am only using them as an example to show you how cool it can be to check the vibration of what plants you already have in your space.
Examples of plant symbolism:
- Pine: Peace, longevity, abundance, protection from witchcraft, protection from nightmares, relaxation
- Palm Tree: Virtue, victory, triumph, peace
- Lemon Tree: Happiness, optimism, longevity, purification, love, friendship, success
- Gardenias: Love, purity, sweetness, fragrance, promotes relaxation
- Money Tree: Holy tree, money, fortune, good luck, creates positive energy
- Bougainvillea: Protection in all forms (psychic, physical, emotional, etc.)
- Camellia: Love, affection, admiration, divine, faithfulness, longevity, unity, undying love
- Eucalyptus: Protection, purifying, removes stagnate energy including colds
- Fuschia: Confiding love, overflowing abundance, trust
- Hibiscus: perfect woman, delicate beauty, sexuality, warmth, new creation
- Bird of Paradise: Paradise, freedom, joy, magnificence, excellence
- Rose: Balance, promise, new beginnings, hope, love. Different colors and numbers can represent different things as well. For example, purple roses symbolize enchantment while white represents purity.
- Hydrangea: Gratitude, grace, beauty
- Elephant Ear: Good luck
- Orchid: Love, luxury, beauty, strength
There really are endless plants that are amazing and would offer benefits for any space you are looking for. Not to mention the incredible healing abilities found in so many different plants. If you have any interest in plants at all, I highly recommend looking up what energy the ones you are interested, carry. Or look up what plants carry the energy of what you are wanting to bring into your home or life. For instance, if you are wanting to bring in more good luck you could add a money tree, lemon tree, orchids, fuschia’s, etc.. to your space.
Plants are incredible at sending out healing energy on their own and can really add a great vibration to your Reiki space. For me, they also add a calming element that I believe really helps bring about amazing healing energy.
Don’t forget that you can send Reiki to plants just like with people and animals. To do so simply beam Reiki to them for a few minutes a few times a week. Just as if you are watering them. I like to do it right after I water them. It is that easy and has really improved my gardening abilities. I went from being able to keep a few plants happy at a time to having a yard full of happy plants.
Take some time and explore what type of plant energy is out there. It is a lot of fun and you might make some new discoveries of your own that can add some extra value to your Reiki world.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.