Reiki Attunements are amazing! They take us to a new Vibrational platform and allow us to be a pretty cool healing vessel for both ourself and others. After an attunement, colors can seem brighter, food can taste better, and music may have never sounded so good! Personally, during and right after an attunement I feel like I’m floating on a cloud and can’t be touched!
However, let’s take a minute and get real. The majority of the attunement process is beautiful and like nothing you have experienced before but something else is happening too. Being at a higher Vibrational level means all the baggage and lower vibrations you held before the attunement have got to go…. immediately! They cannot and will not be entertained at the higher Vibrational level you are now at. Do you know what that means? A mass detox!
I know detoxes aren’t always hard and attunement symptoms are a case by case basis but it is common to feel cold or flu-like symptoms for the first 2 weeks following the attunement. In my case, I felt like I had a horrible full blown stomach flu for the 2 weeks after each attunement. It was horrible. It was hard. Honestly, by the time I got ready for the Master Attunement I was scared! Could I really handle a 2-week stomach flu again with everything else I had going on? Was this new vibration that was so much higher than both the Reiki 1 and 2 level worth it? Or would the Reiki Master Attunement Detox kill me? I was so sick with the first 2 levels that I really did wonder if I could handle being any sicker. I faced the fear, did it and survived!
The attunement process was worth it. Every second of detox was truly a gift to me and I wouldn’t take one second back. My Reiki Master Teacher was amazing, there for every question at anytime and did warn me that I could get very sick, feel great the whole time or have a mixture of both. I wish I had prepared more before my attunements just in case. But, I felt like if I prepared I would be giving into the energy of, “I’m going to get really sick”, instead of putting out to the Universe that I was about to enter an easy attunement detox.
Through my attunement experiences I have some self-care tips that I am hoping may help you through your own process.
Reiki Attunement Self-care Tips:
- You may feel amazing for the whole 2 weeks after an attunement, you may feel like you have the worst flu in existence or you may have a mixture for days of both. Prepare. You will thank me later if you have flu-like days. 🙂
- Make sure you have at home whatever makes you feel better when you are sick. If that is natural medicine great! If it’s not great! Really make sure you have exactly what works for you.
- You might need pepto, bismol or you might be able to make it through with ginger tea. Having things around that are common for the flu is great. Depending on your body tolerates that might be all herbs or it might be flat ginger ale and crackers. I cannot emphasize enough to do what works for you. If you have a horrible headache and resort to taking ibprofin don’t feel bad!
- Have things around to keep your vibration up while detoxing. Have feel-good movies, positive books, uplifting music, flowers/plants, candles and maybe a few of your favorite things to eat that are of a good vibration.
- Smoothies are your friend. Make a simple one by putting whatever fruit and veggies you like in a blender with some ice and water or almond milk. Blend it up and you are set!
- Reward yourself with small little things. Crystals, salt baths, exercise, etc are all great at this time.
- Keep a journal chronicling what happens and what good/bad you experience each day. What things do you notice are being released mentally, physically, etc… If you are having a bad day spend some time reading through what you wrote on the other days. It should help you and remind you about the negative stuff being released.
- Get extra sleep. It takes a lot of energy to move up to and get used to the new vibration.
- Be patient with yourself. You have not been at this Vibrational level before.
Just remember Reiki Attunements are worth every single uncomfortable moment that the detox may bring. Change usually is uncomfortable. Get uncomfortable and rise up to some of the most beautiful vibrations you will ever experience!
Article by Justine Melton
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on her website SerenityOfTheMindAndSoul.com and on Facebook at Serenity of the Mind & Soul.