Article by Jaswinder Bhalla
The Mind, itself is an object and if we want to study the mind and its working then we have to study the mind first. The more we concentrate on the mind the more we can understand it and therefore, step by step gain control over it. The Rishis were holy sages who had control of their five senses, being in control of their mind and concentrating on the one Divine they discovered many sciences for the welfare of future generation of mankind.
One such science is Reiki. Reiki is a universal life force ascribing to nature. The more we embrace the law of Reiki and the more we get close to nature and then very easily retrieve cosmic impressions, but provided that mind has control over five senses. All forms of concentration (Reiki symbols, chakras, nose, tongue and any internal-external objects) can bring astonishing insights into our senses and control of the mind.
Nature governs with the universal law of cause and effect and as does Reiki. For example, a tree bears a seed which becomes the origin of another tree; and further, the seed takes material from the earth, it disintegrates, dissolves after a while and out of that dissolution arises the splendid tree, and offers it back to nature. In the same way, our life being taken away as nature has been given us.
This means our life depends completely on the surrounding atmosphere, as a matter of fact, it also applies to thought and our day to day activity which entirely depends upon the surroundings, and taking from nature and finally dissolve into it, in the same way going back to its initial phase and so on. Mind acts on the body, the body responds to the mind and hence action is taken. So, if the body reacts to the mind, then it stands to reason that if a mind is unhealthy, the body could not be healthy and vice versa.
All our knowledge is based on experience; and while, wisdom is an emanation of knowledge and experiences. Experience is the first step of learning of which entirely depends on perceptions. To attain wisdom of having longer time in one’s life. The same situation arises in the Reiki; and so, healers have to be developed in their mind under many years of austerity. The mind is the engine which draws in the prana or cosmic energy from the surroundings as a raw-material and processes cosmic energy into various vital forces that keep the body in preservation like thought, will and moreover, spiritual growth.
Every form in this world is taken out of surrounding atoms and goes back to these atoms. Law of nature is uniform. The five Reiki Principles are guidelines that one could live by to balance emotional-mental level, for well-being and unconditional love.
1. Just for today, I will not worry.
2. Just for today, I will not be angry.
3. Just for today, I will be grateful.
4. Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
5. Just for today, I will be kind to everyone.
These are the five principles to control the mind and as well as emotion. Bringing some light and love into someone else’s day, even if it is just for a moment will make the day better for the giver.
Laziness and fickleness of mind are the huge obstacles to practicing Reiki. Reiki’s five principles have a solution to fix it. Rome was not built in a day and by breaking the task into small bite size chunks makes it easier and more do-able. Hence, just for today one could do this then day by day it builds into one’s habit. It seems to be easy to do only for one day. It sets the things in subconscious mind and by this way at the right time proper reflexes come out as and when needed. Brilliance, wisdom, enthusiasm, sentiments of unconditional love, affection, and self-restraint are generated and controlled by the mind. It is true that we make attributions about our own conduct every day but overall, patience develops giving a more level-headed response.
One technique that can help you connect with your refine perception and to be composed the mind is Yoni-Mudra. Yoni-mudra is a Yogic hand gesture technique that represents closing the six doors of perception – the eyes, nose, mouth, and ears; so that, one could be able to disconnect with the outer-world and of connecting with inner-world.
Yoni – Mudra Meditation
1. Sit with legs crossed in a quiet comfortable place and close your eyes. Bring your attention to your breath, breathing in and out naturally and just observe how your breath enters the body and leave the body through the nostrils.
2. Concentration with Reiki symbols (Cho Ku Rei, Sei He Ki, and Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen) will bring perfect repose to the mind and body every time it is practiced.
3. Place your both hands in front of the face with the elbows pointed outward in the parallel with shoulders. Cover your ears with the thumbs, and next, cover the eyes softly as touch the inner corners of the eyes with the index fingers. Put the middle fingers on either side of the nose nicely and ring fingers are being put above the mouth, and the little fingers below the mouth.
4. Advance meditation – Breathe in through the nose and unite Prana-Vayu with Apana-Vayu (doing Jalandhara Bandha and Mula Bandha). Meditation on the six nerve centre with Reiki symbols or mantra. A kind of electric current to flow in the spine. With this mudra, one attains Samadhi quickly.
Do this for five minutes and observe inner sounds. It helps to reconnect with the true perception and make you able to perceive things better.
Jaswinder is a full time teacher running his own Coaching Institute. He holds Masters degrees in Commerce, Arts(English), Economics. His passion for learning more and more took him to learn other languages like Russian, French, Spanish, and German. When not teaching at his Institute, Jaswinder Bhalla is a Reiki Master and Spiritual Teacher. He’s practicing Reiki for more than 14 years. Grand Master in Traditional and Modern Usui Reiki, he’s well versed with Karuna® Reiki, Magnified Reiki, Runic Reiki, Sahaj Yoga and different form of Meditation. Jaswinder offers courses in Reiki, Sahaj Yoga and Meditation as well as distance healing services. Born in the lap of Himalayas – Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, he now lives in Punjab, India.