Article by Stephanie Drane
I love that Reiki is a constant light in my life and it proves to be useful in so many diverse situations. This is a list of the weird and wonderful ways that Reiki can be brought into our everyday lives. For anyone who has been practicing Reiki for a while these may not seem so weird but there is still joy in sharing and discovering new ways to use this wonderful energy.
You may already have used Reiki in situations like these, and have other ideas to share, I’d love to hear how you bring Reiki into your life.
1. Supermarket trollies are exposed to bugs and germs and could also be carrying the energy of the previous user and that fraught and frantic energy of the supermarket. Reiki the trolley to cleanse and clear it by channeling Reiki through your hands and hovering them over the handle before you grab it. This is just a quick pause in the process of getting the trolly, no one observing would know what was happening. Shopping is not the most fun pastime so why not make it as easy possible by bringing Reiki into the shop with you?
2. When caught in traffic and Petrol is running low sending Reiki to the engine with the intention that it runs as efficiently as possible and for the remaining fuel to last the journey could help. I would’t recommend letting your fuel tank getting so low without refuelling but if you’re stuck with no option Reiki can’t hurt and in my experience has helped me get to the garage before I run out.
3. If you have IT problems and the stress is mounting place your hands on the offending gadget and channel Reiki. Not only will this calm you down but it might help your IT to function properly too.
4. My tip in ‘Reiki Tips From Our Readers – episode 2’ was to Reiki your rubbish. We throw too much away and are filling our Earth with rubbish that will take hundreds or thousands of years to decompose. Try to reduce your rubbish by carefully choosing products with less packaging and recycling and reusing. Send what can’t be recycled to landfill with Reiki to heal our planet by simply hold your hands over the bin and channel Reiki into it so that your rubbish can carry healing, love and gratitude into the Earth with it. You could also draw a Cho Ku Rei on the underside of your bin lid as a reminder and to help infuse the Rubbish with Reiki.
5. As much as we’d often like to avoid confrontation, sometime it’s unavoidable, especially in the workplace. If you have to attend a meeting that could be difficult; where you know emotions could be running high and communication might be difficult you can use Reiki to lift the energy of the room where the meeting will take place. Making it as calm and uplifting as possible before you start. Crystals can also be charged with Reiki and placed in the room to help maintain the positive vibe. You might also want to do some self-healing on your Throat chakra and your Solar Plexus to help you speak your truth with confidence.
6. If you have to accompany someone having treatment at the Dentist or a medical procedure Reiki can really help to calm them and ease any discomfort (obviously you could do this for yourself too). It’s not always possible to have physical contact with the patient (although I hold my sons foot for reassurance and to give him Reiki when he’s at the dentist), so you can use distance healing. You can charge a crystal with Reiki for them to hold as well. You don’t even have to be present in the room, if you know the time of the appointment you can send Reiki to them using Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen, visualising it going well with a positive outcome. You can also imagine the room filled with the healing light of Reiki so that the professionals and equipment involved can be helped by it too.
7. If you have loved ones doing something difficult or nerve-wracking (I use this one when my sons go on scout camps), you can help them to prepare by giving them Reiki before they embark on their adventure. Cho Ku Rei is protective while Sei He Ki could help with self belief; use your instincts as to what would help them best. You can also send distance healing during the difficult time with the intention that it supports and guides them for the highest good. Visualise them held in a bubble of healing Reiki energy, having fun, feeling happy and being safe.
8. When filling in and sending off Applications or other forms send them with Reiki to smooth their way, cut through red tape and for the outcome that is for the highest good of all. For example if you’re sending a job application it can’t hurt for it to be buzzing with a positive vibe, it might just make it get noticed and give the reader a good feeling about you. The outcome for the highest good of all might not be what you’d hoped or expected but your positive energy might just have lightened someones day.
9. When harvesting fruits and veg or foraging in the wild for food it is a nice practice to offer something back to the plant and the Earth in gratitude. This could be in the form of wine, oil, flour or seeds, among many other things. But if you don’t have these things to hand, giving Reiki is a beautiful offering.
10. If you come across an accident or Ambulance/fire/police vehicles pass by in a rush you can send Reiki to the situation for the highest good of all. In the hope that every professional involved is supported, clear thinking, calm, and able. That everyone involved feels comforted and whatever the outcome, all involved are touched by a positive energy.
11. When watching sport, especially if a loved one is taking part you can send Reiki to the court/pitch/arena with the intention that all the participants on both teams and the officials enjoy the activity, are kept safe from injury and for good sportsmanship and a positive experience all around. Being a spectator when a loved one is playing can be quite stressful and this can also help to keep you calm and able to enjoy watching.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Stephanie Drane is a Reiki Master, Holistic Therapist and Spiritual Artist in Suffolk, England. Stephanie’s mission is to provide her clients with a calm and serene space away from their busy lifestyles, where she encourages them to take control of their own wellbeing and to value and nurture themselves to bring about inner peace, balance, and happiness. As a Reiki Master Stephanie is thrilled to be able to teach and empower others: “It is so rewarding to watch people discover the positive power of Reiki and experience the benefits for themselves.” When Stephanie is not giving Reiki and other holistic treatments or enjoying time with her family and friends she recharges herself by swimming in rivers, walking barefoot outdoors and eating good food. Stephanie’s website is: www.angelichands.biz Check out Stephanie’s blog for her insights and wisdom on how to enjoy inner peace and a calmer life over at angelichands444.wordpress.com.