I mentioned in Byosen Scanning that I like structured sessions with scanning added.
Personally, it’s just how sessions work best for me when I’m working on others. I have a set path I take so that I know every area of the body gets hands-on Reiki.
1. I start at the head because people tend to be in their head, their emotions high, or monkey minded. So I start at the head to start getting that to calm down. It depends on how long the session is as to how long I stay here. Either 5-15 minutes.
2. After the head it’s down to the neck/throat, then over to the shoulders.
3. Next, I go down the right side of the body. Since the right side is typically the releasing side and the left is the receiving side I like to start on the releasing side to get rid of all the junk they don’t need even quicker.
4. So it’s down the right arm, the torso/chakras, right knee (my fave), right shin, right ankle, then to the feet.
5. Stay at the feet for a little bit. Both feet, then the right, then the left, then both again.
6. Then it’s to the left side starting at the ankle and working my way back up to the head.
All while doing my thing I also do Byosen Scanning. Testing each part as I start and testing again before I move on. I do modify the structure for the scanning. So if on the rescan the area needs more, then I stay there longer and move along when ready.
I love this structure. It keeps me mindful, gets all the parts of the body, and easy to remember. It also keeps me awake…sometimes Reiki relaxes me so much that my eyes get a bit heavy, but keeping this structure keeps me on task.
That is my personal Reiki session structure for clients/others. I also incorporate certain music where the cd is 12 songs long 5 minutes each. So I don’t have to watch the clock I just pay attention to what song I’m on.
Article by Sierra Koch
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Sierra Koch is a Reiki Master Teacher whose passion in life is spreading the joy of Reiki. She invites you to learn how to play with your Reiki practice.