Article by Justine Melton
I love Reiki. I love everything about it. I love being part of a community that believes in healing for the greatest good of all. It is such a special group to belong to. I love learning as much as I can about it. I love sharing what I’ve learned, learning from others and passing along as many messages as I can. I’d love to share with you here some common questions that I am asked and what my honest and direct answers are.
I am asked a lot about the road to becoming a Master and what it is like. Anyone can be a Reiki Master. Anyone can be a vessel for healing. Is this calling for you? Take a look below and see if you think it is the right fit for you.
Is there a difference between Reiki levels?
Yes! Each one carries a different lesson, a different detox, and a different vibrational level that you can ascend to.
In my experience:
- Level 1 is a physical cleanse and you notice many changes there.
- Level 2 is an emotional journey
- Level 3 spirals you up the vibrational level to places you have never been before.
I enjoyed experiencing each level so much and learned so many different things from each level. Please always remember that no matter if you are a Master or a Level 1 you are just the vessel for the Reiki energy and therefore are capable of giving the exact same healing. Have confidence in yourself and see where this new Reiki World takes you.
Will I feel more powerful as a Reiki Master than I do at the other levels?
Yes! This is mainly true because besides the fact that you are attuned to a new level and have moved up the vibrational ladder, your confidence is at a much higher level.
- You are more comfortable with Reiki, with clients, and with being asked questions.
- You feel secure in your abilities and have learned to trust your-self and have your own Reiki experience.
- You are always learning from others but aren’t necessarily looking for divine answers from others and constantly checking with others to see if you are doing Reiki properly.
- You now know what works for you.
- You are confident.
- You are strong.
How long do you have to wait to move up between levels?
This truly depends on you. Only you will know what is right for you. After you are attuned to a specific Reiki level you go through about a 2 week cleanse. Mine were so intense it felt like I had the stomach flu for a straight 2 weeks. Because of this I would say the very minimum amount of time between levels should be a month.
If you really want to get the most out of each level I would recommend waiting 6mo-1year between each. This way you are really able to become comfortable with the information and with the Reiki energy. You are also able to spend time practicing. This is simply a recommendation. You will know what is best for you.
If a Master is telling me something and I believe in my gut that something is different should I ignore myself?
No! Always trust yourself. While it is important to learn the basics of Reiki you are able to expand on it on your own. Everyone has their own style and their own believe system. You are just a vessel just as the Master is. Go with whatever works for you.
Do I have to teach if I am a Reiki Master?
No! I love to teach. You might not. Do whatever you feel called to do and enjoy yourself.
Does everyone have to learn the same thing in each level?
No. While there are certain basic things you should learn in the different levels it is a very individualized thing. When selecting a Reiki teacher make sure that you pick one that you feel you are able to connect with. That is the most important thing. Also, make sure to think about if you would like to learn traditional Reiki or more alternative forms. Personally, I learned the traditional form first and then expanded from there. Do what works for you!
Benefits of Being a Reiki Master:
- You operate at a Higher Vibration
- You know A LOT about Reiki!
- You can teach
- You can reach someone and be a source of light when they have hit rock bottom
- You are a helping hand at all times
- You can have your own practice
- You can put your own spin on your practice
- People might be more open to what you have to say because you are a Master
- People might believe what you have to say faster because you are a Master
- You have an awesome amount of experience in a really cool field
- You bring hope, love, and healing to others
- You are able to more easily introduce Reiki to others
- You are responsible for keeping Reiki sacred and giving it a good name
- You are a model of what Reiki is
- You are an image of Reiki, be aware how you present yourself to others
- You are a bright light in the Reiki field
If you are thinking about becoming a Reiki Master read the above list a few times and see if it speaks to you. If you already are a Reiki Master be proud of yourself and keep on spreading your love and knowledge to others.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Justine Melton is a Reiki Master/Teacher and an Intuitive Counselor. Reiki came into her life and changed it in amazing ways. It is her passion now to bring Reiki to others and help them to heal in a holistic way. Justine is lucky enough to be an Empath, Clairaudient, Clairsentient, and Clairvoyant. She is able to use these gifts with Reiki if asked to give extra messages during a session for the client’s highest good. You can follow Justine on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/SoulRenew