Article by João Antão Marques
In the first part of the Knee Technique, we have seen its use in self-application, let’s see now its application to third parties.
In Distant Healing there are several aspects we have to bear in mind:
- We MUST be very well protected because if the receiver’s Aura is contaminated with dense energies they instantaneously come upon us.
- We should clean ourselves using the Kenyoku.
- We should ground ourselves.
- The room has to be harmonised and energetically cleaned.
- We should make our invocations and ask for protection and guidance prior to sending energy.
- It’s important that we perform a self-treatment prior to sending energy or, if that is impossible, make some self-Reiki for, at least, five minutes, in order to center ourselves.
- As well as for the in person Reiki, we should adopt a posture of Channel (without getting involved in the treatment or wishing for a given outcome/result) because that’s what we are. We are only Channels, the tools of our Guides and Masters in this tridimensional world. The posture of channel enhances our protection, a very important aspect to take into consideration due to the possibility of being confronted with Aura contamination.
- As Distant Reiki can cause drowsiness in the receiver, we should agree with him the best moment to send the energy.
- It’s an absolute must the respect for the receiver’s free will and, accordingly, we must not send energy without consent. As Reiki energy helps in the development of one’s spirituality, we cannot interfere with the spiritual development of others, as spiritual development is a path that only the own can decide when, and how, to follow.
- In case you sense someone is in need of a treatment, you just express the intention to place the energy in the Universe, for a given amount of time (one or two days is enough), thus making it available for the receiver’s Superior Self to pick it up, if that’s the case. Doing so, you fully respect the free will of the receiver and do not breach any Cosmic or Spiritual Law.
- As the energy touches the Aura of the patient in first, the treatment of any physical situations will take more time.
Identification of the patient/client
- In case you know the person you are going to treat, try to visualize it; If you have a photo use it.
- In case you don’t know the patient, you can identify him/her by using; the full name, date of birth and address/location.
- If no detailed information is available, you can use its portable number or, just identify it by “the brother, sister, husband of…”.
Knee Technique for third parties
- Sit upright in a chair and state that your knees and heaps are the body of the receiver.
- Choose one of your knees, the left – if your dominant hand is the right one – or the right one if your dominant hand is the left.
- Draw an HSZSN and a SHK over your knee and state thrice that, from that moment on, it will correspond to the four basic head positions (for your guidance I consider, for this purpose: Crown Chakra; Front Chakra; Back of the Head – occipital – and Throat Chakra but, if you want, you can add others). Seal with a CKR and place your hands, side by side, on your knee. Keep this position for five minutes.
- Slide your hands (always keeping contact with the body) to the heap, draw an HSZSN and a SHK over it and state thrice that, from that moment on, it will correspond to the four basic front positions (Heart Chakra; Solar Plexus Chakra; Splenic Chakra and Root Chakra). Seal with a CKR and keep this position for five minutes.
- Bring your hands, one at a time, to the other heap, draw an HSZSN and a SHK over it and state thrice that, from that moment on, it will correspond to the four basic back positions. Seal with a CKR and keep this position for five minutes.
a. Some Masters also use this heap position to treat the knees and feet positions.
b. If you choose not to treat the back positions, this heap position will be used to treat the knees and feet positions.
- Bring your hands, one at a time, to the knee, draw an HSZSN and a SHK over it and state thrice that, from that moment on, it will correspond to the knees and feet position. Seal with a CKR and keep this position for five minutes for self-application in the whole body.
- After you’re done, continue to channel Reiki for five minutes more.
In what concerns the time needed for each application, there is no unanimity as some Masters recommend 2.5 minutes in each position thus allowing the treatment to be made in, as less as, 7.5 minutes (see 5.a above). Personally, I always use a minimum of three minutes in each position or, as a rule, five minutes.
With this Technique, we can send Reiki to a specific point either in the patient’s body or, in our body (see the Part I of this technique).
That Light glows upon your path.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
João Antão Marques, a retired chemical engineer, is an Usui Tibetan Reiki Master/teacher living in Lisbon, Portugal, with training in Jikiden Reiki, Karuna® Reiki and Seichim, Lotus Light Jewel, Tibetan Bowls Massage and Therapy of Past Lives. Works as a volunteer with elder people in a Daily Center of the Portuguese Red Cross and has also worked with drugs and alcohol addicted. Recently undertook a study of the effects of Reiki in people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. João can be reached by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.