Article by João Antão Marques
Sending Reiki to the past, to the future or to someone away from us may look, to lots of people, as a mystification and, sometimes, is not easy to explain. Fortunately, Quantum Mechanics gives us an help and allows us to explain, scientifically, how it works.
Science apart, Reiki practitioners know that the use of the HSZSN allows them to break the distance constraints and perform a Reiki treatment regardless the location of the patient. Also, the healing energy can be sent to the past or be made available for a given occasion in the future.
There are many techniques to send distant Reiki and the one I describe here below can be used to perform a distant Reiki treatment either to ourselves or to third parties. Let’s see it’s utilization in self-distant Reiki.
Before we start, we have to bear in mind that in a distant treatment we should follow the same steps as in an in-person treatment, regardless of the fact that we are treating ourselves or third parties.
- We should clean ourselves using the Kenyoku;
- We should ground ourselves;
- The room has to be energetically cleaned;
- We should make our invocations;
The Knee Technique – self application
- Draw, with your dominant hand, an HSZSH, above your Crown Chakra and repeat its name thrice.
- Draw, with your dominant hand, a SHK, above your Crown Chakra and repeat its name thrice.
- Choose one of your knees (the left, if your dominant hand is the right one – otherwise, if your dominant hand is the left, you choose the right knee) and state thrice that, from that moment on, it will correspond to the four basic head positions (for your guidance I consider, for this purpose: Crown Chakra; Front Chakra; Back of the Head and Throat Chakra but, if you want, you can add others).
- Draw, with your dominant hand, a CKR, above your Crown Chakra and repeat its name thrice. Place your hands, side by side, on your knee. Keep this position for five minutes.
- Slide your hands (keeping contact with body) to the heap and state thrice that from that moment on, it will correspond to the four basic front positions (Heart Chakra; Solar Plexus Chakra; Splenic Chakra and, Root Chakra). Keep this position for five minutes.
- Bring your hands, one at a time, to the other heap (right) and state thrice that from that moment on, it will correspond to the four basic back positions. Keep this position for five minutes.
a. Some Masters use this heap position to treat, also, the knees and feet positions.
b. If you choose not to treat the back positions, this heap position will be used to treat the knees and feet positions.
- Bring your hands, one at a time, to the right knee and state thrice that from that moment on, it will correspond to the knees and feet position. Keep the Energy flowing in this position for five minutes for self-application in the whole body.
- After you’re done, continue to channel Reiki for five minutes more. In what concerns the time needed for each position, there is no unanimity as some Masters recommend 2.5 minutes thus allowing the treatment to be made in, as less as, 7.5 minutes (see 6.a above), personally I always use a minimum of three minutes or, as a rule, five minutes.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
João Antão Marques, a retired chemical engineer, is an Usui Tibetan Reiki Master/teacher living in Lisbon, Portugal, with training in Jikiden Reiki, Karuna® Reiki and Seichim, Lotus Light Jewel, Tibetan Bowls Massage and Therapy of Past Lives. Works as a volunteer with elder people in a Daily Center of the Portuguese Red Cross and has also worked with drugs and alcohol addicted. Recently undertook a study of the effects of Reiki in people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. João can be reached by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.