Article by Shailja Kapur
Guru Purnima (the first full moon day after the summer solstice) is a special day to express Gratitude to our Guru, teachers, mentors or guides.
Guru – a Divine blessing. Guru and disciple is a divine relation. To become a disciple we must live the life of discipline and principles.
Though there are millions of paths to choose; but it is the Guru who can direct you on the correct path towards your goal achievement.
Our teacher is the one who takes us away from the ignorance and expands our vision and takes us to the light of divine wisdom and knowledge. We must have faith and trust on the knowledge and guidance of our Gurus. We must have the willingness to learn so that we can grow and evolve.
Though we talk about energy exchange while having attunements or learning but there is no way that the exact energy exchange can be given back to Gurus. The only way is living a life of Gratitude towards them.
On the festive occasion of Guru Purnima; I would like to share the Reiki ways of expressing Gratitude to our loving teachers. These are:
Either set up an altar or make a special space for this occasion.
Reiki Gratitude Ball
- Make a heart shaped colored chi ball with divine Reiki symbols in the name of your Gurus and direct it towards them.
- Thank them for all the unconditional love and blessings you received and of course sharing their wisdom with you. Thank them and bless them too.
- Light up a candle for your Guru.
- Take any colored candle which resonates with you the most.
- Purify it with Power symbol.
- Anoint with Rose oil, if possible.
- Connect the candle to your Guru with the distant symbol.
- Draw the other Reiki symbols you are guided to.
- Channel Reiki to the candle.
- Light up the candle with the intention that it will continuously send Gratitude to your Guru on and after.
- Thank Reiki, the candle or anyone else you are guided to.
- If you got pictures of your Guru; you can send the energy of Gratitude with eyes.
- Thank them for all the kindness you received.
- Just take a moment, take a few deep breaths to quieten and relax your mind.
- Meditate on your guru.
- Now pay reverence to the Guru.
I believe that by concentrating on the Divine beings brings calmness, peace, and positivity. It gives us assurance that there is someone who is in us, with us and for us.
- Direct the loving Universal Life Force Energy towards your teacher for their unconditional love and support. You can beam Reiki by using a photo, picture of your teacher or by visualization.
- Bring Reiki charged hands towards your Heart Chakra and emanate Reiki filled with gratitude towards them by palm facing outwards.
- Seal and protect the session by the Power Symbol or Master Symbol (if attuned).
- Thank Reiki and all the Divine energies.
Being a channel of love and light not only transforms our lives for the Greatest Good but also the lives of those we touch.
On this auspicious day of Guru Purnima I would like to thank all the Gurus of the Universe who showed us the path of love and light and to the Absolute.
Guru, being the infinite source of blessings, helps us to spread the divine Love and Light in the Universe. Believe me; this light will definitely reflect to us in a divine way which will be beyond our imagination and understanding.
“Happy Guru Purnima”
Thanks to all my Gurus for their Divine guidance and blessings.
Love & Light!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Shailja Kapur is a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Healer. She got passion for various Reiki practices and other healing modalities. She also practices Candle Healing, Distant Healing, Crystal Healing, Dowsing, Magnified Healing, Yoga and Guided Meditation. She always felt a strong connection with Reiki. She had started practicing Reiki since her childhood without knowing what she used to do is called Reiki. As possibilities are endless with Reiki, her enthusiasm to experiment Reiki and share her experiences with the world. She believes self- purification, self-dedication and selflessness enhances your Reiki experiences. Shailja can be reached via her e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.