Article by João Antão Marques
This technique, which is very simple to execute, is usually taught at the Master/Teacher level as it is the Technique used in distant attunements. Nevertheless, this Technique can also be used in distant healing and, in some situations, and as per my experience, is a better choice than the standard or more usual Techniques used.
In distant healing, as the energy touches the Aura first, all contamination therein, goes back, as a lightning, to the Therapist who, due to that reason, has to be very well protected and grounded in order to avoid being strongly hit.
This is a very serious matter and has to be addressed carefully because the results of a strong and negative energetic blow can be quite serious and generate a great deal of discomfort to the Therapist. I “speak” with experience as a couple of years ago I had the opportunity to clean and equilibrate a friend of mine who had just made a distant treatment, eventually without taking the adequate protection. He was feeling very bad and behaved quite strangely as if he had lost control and, it required me a great deal of effort to put him back in good condition.
The use of the Portal of Distance Technique, in distant healing, allows you to displace yourself energetically to the side of your patient and treat him “hands on”. It requires a bit more of focus and longer time than the standard techniques but, as per my experience, reduces the backlash of negative energy and, accordingly, I use it when strong negative energy is expected.
The Technique is, indeed very simple.
Portal of Distance Technique
- Activate hands
- Clean the room as usual;
- Make your invocations;
- Protect and ground yourself;
- Draw a large HSZSN in front of you, active it and, expand it to the size of a door;
- In front of the Symbol, make a step forward, in order to cross it, and say – I cross (or step into) the Portal of Distance;
- As now you are energetically close to your patient, you can ground him without problems;
- Make the treatment (don’t forget to check yours and client’s grounding periodically) using hands positions and, when finished;
- Draw, again, a large HSZSN in front of you, active it and expand it to the size of a door;
- In front of the Symbol, make a step forward, in order to cross it, and say – I leave (or step out of) the Portal of Distance;
- Show your gratitude;
- Clean yourself using the Kenyoku.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
João Antão Marques, a retired chemical engineer, is an Usui Tibetan Reiki Master/teacher living in Lisbon, Portugal, with training in Jikiden Reiki, Karuna® Reiki and Seichim, Lotus Light Jewel, Tibetan Bowls Massage and Therapy of Past Lives. Works as a volunteer with elder people in a Daily Center of the Portuguese Red Cross and has also worked with drugs and alcohol addicted. Recently undertook a study of the effects of Reiki in people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. João can be reached by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.