Article by Jaswinder Bhalla
Festivals are a unique hallmark of human culture or immense accumulation of past glorious civilization from which one may obtain enthusiasm for ideal values. Focus your full perception on it. It affects mood and emotion as well as alertness and receptivity which further enhance your capability to perceive things better.
Holi is an ancient Hindu religious festival which comes in spring, also known as the Festival of Colours which attributes the victory of good over evil. Holi celebration begins with lighting up of a bonfire on the Holi evening, being celebrated all over India, despite the difference in culture and language, everyone plays and laughs, they forget and forgive allowing them to keep good relationships. People hug and wish each other ‘Happy Holi’ and celebrate by giving thanks for a good harvest. People rub ‘gulal’ and ‘abeer’ (coloured powder) on each other.
Colours play a very important role in our life whether we realize it or not the property possessed by an object of producing different sensations on the eyes as a result of the way it reflects light is called colours.
Sir Isaac Newton experimented with passing the sunlight through a prism and concluded that colour consists of its own waves and wavelengths, as well as vibrating at a different frequency. The spectrum of seven colours – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.
This is why we see a rainbow after it has rained and the sun shines. Raindrops act like a prism and the sunlight passes through them to expand the colour spectrum.
While Theo Gimbel has formulated his own new approach to colour therapy that it produces a biochemical reaction within our body through stimulating vital glands, like the pineal and the pituitary gland of the endocrine system which produces the hormones that regulate body functions. Reiki, colours and festivals have formed a harmonious combination. You could blend all together beautifully through refine visualization.
- Red affects the metabolic rate, appetite, sleep, and sex; corresponding nerve plexuses in the physical body and stimulate Root chakra.
- Orange effects the Prostatic and stimulates Sacral chakra.
- Yellow stimulates the Solar plexus.
- Green affects the Cardiac plexus and stimulates the Heart Chakra.
- Blue affects the Laryngeal plexus and stimulates the Throat Chakra.
- Indigo affects the Cavernous and stimulate the 3rd Eye Chakra.
- Violet stimulates the Crown chakra.
This is how he came to the scientific explanation of colour. In nature everything is in harmony, being surrounded by it, we can perceive it and enhance through visualization and meditation. It is better to surround ourselves with colours to which we are influenced, so that we feel good, which is supported by our environment.
Seven Chakra meditation with seven colours
- Sit quietly and close your eyes and breathe naturally.
- Focus on the Root Chakra and visualize the colour Red with Reiki symbol CHO-KU-REI and observe the sensations in the area whilst continuing to feel Red for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Now move up to the Sacral Chakra and feel Orange with SEI-HE-KI for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Now move up to Solar Plexus Chakra and feel yellow with HON-SHA-ZE-SHO-NEN.
- Then move up to Heart Chakra and feel green with DAI-KO-MYO.
- Then move up to Throat Chakra and feel blue with RA-KU.
- And Now move up to Third eye Chakra and feel ZONAR.
- On Crown Chakra feel HARTH.
Total time for this process should be between 14 to 35 minutes. Afterward, open your eyes and sit for a few minutes and observe the change in your body.
Avoid doing this meditation in the evening as you may find you cannot sleep after, due to being so energized.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Jaswinder is a full time teacher running his own Coaching Institute. He holds Masters degrees in Commerce, Arts(English), Economics. His passion for learning more and more took him to learn other languages like Russian, French, Spanish, and German. When not teaching at his Institute, Jaswinder Bhalla is a Reiki Master and Spiritual Teacher. He’s practicing Reiki for more than 14 years. Grand Master in Traditional and Modern Usui Reiki, he’s well versed with Karuna® Reiki, Magnified Reiki, Runic Reiki, Sahaj Yoga and different form of Meditation. Jaswinder offers courses in Reiki, Sahaj Yoga and Meditation as well as distance healing services. Born in the lap of Himalayas – Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, he now lives in Punjab, India.