Article by João Antão Marques
In the first part of this series, we analyzed: the fact that, in the Universe, the only thing that exists is Energy; the existence of an Energy Body and the importance of Reiki as an Energy Therapy. In this second one (two more will follow), and although recognizing that Reiki has several limitations in its utilization, there are some of the fields in which I consider Reiki has a major impact.
Let’s address the importance of Reiki in Oncology; Mental and Emotional Issues and Pregnancy.
Both chemotherapy or radiotherapy are tremendous aggressions to the body itself and especially to the energy field (products are extremely toxic and radiation is disruptive of the energy field). Reiki by repairing and restoring the energy field, contributes strongly to the reduction, and in some cases to the elimination, of the side effects of these two treatments with the advantage that the levels of anxiety are strongly reduced.
In case the patient has some background of smoking and drinking, in addition to the “standard” treatment, the use of Sei Hei Ki Chiryo is recommended.
In what concerns Reiki treatments in oncology I would recommend starting with four consecutive treatments followed by weekly treatments and, at least, two in the week of the chemotherapy/radiotherapy treatment, one the day before and the other the next day. If possible, an additional treatment, the same day of the chemotherapy, would be excellent. (One of my patients, aged 70, after a breast surgery and under chemotherapy, kept with her weekly training without any problem). Crystals, such as Green Tourmaline and Pyromorphite, are a very strong asset in the treatment of oncologic patients.
Mental or emotional issues
Also, in this field, Reiki is a formidable tool we have to help people to recover control of their lives and it proves to be very effective in:
• Stress relief; Anxiety/Panic attacks (together with psychotherapy works fine).
• Addictions (alcohol being very complicated and difficult to treat) – Nentatsu or Sei Hi Ki Chiryo are two of the techniques that can be used. Personally, I use a Jikiden Reiki technique, with “kotodamas“, for this purpose.
• Children diagnosed with ADHD – For me, ADHD is a disturbance of the energy field as a result of several factors (food and beverages, lack of contact with nature, lack of quality time with parents, excess contact with electric devices, and so on) and Reiki treatments make wonders, the results don’t take very long. Accrued difficulties are to be expected if the child belongs to a dysfunctional family or has some emotional trauma, in this case Psychotherapy is recommended. Although considering it a non-disease (more a clever method to gain money and cheat parents), I recognize that in very special cases children need medical assistance.
This is another area in which Reiki is of great help as it reduces:
• Nausea in the early stages;
• Strengthens the bond between mother and child;
• Facilitates the course of the pregnancy and a better control of emotions;
• Helps babies integration in this world, has a positive effect reducing abdominal pains and,
• Helps to a faster recovery of the mother after delivery.
Although Reiki is considered to be safe, during all the pregnancy period, there are several Therapists that only perform treatments after the third month, this being due to the fact that the first three months are the most critical and if something, “bad”, happens it will be very easy to blame Reiki. From my experience with pregnant women, I have to refer the consecutive attunements, on levels one and two, of a pregnant girl without any subsequent problem.
An interesting aspect of Reiki, mentioned by the Romanian Master Nita Mokano, and quite unknown to the majority of people is that, if there are no physical problems involved, an attunement in Reiki will boost the fertility on both men and women.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
João Antão Marques, a retired chemical engineer, is an Usui Tibetan Reiki Master/teacher living in Lisbon, Portugal, with training in Jikiden Reiki, Karuna® Reiki and Seichim, Lotus Light Jewel, Tibetan Bowls Massage and Therapy of Past Lives. Works as a volunteer with elder people in a Daily Center of the Portuguese Red Cross and has also worked with drugs and alcohol addicted. Recently undertook a study of the effects of Reiki in people affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis. João can be reached by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.