Article by Kriss Erickson
Reiki is universal life force energy, the energy that animates all living things. As such, it has many benefits, including releasing toxins, inflammation, and harmful energies such as fear, anxiety, and resentment. Sharing Reiki with yourself and others on a daily basis helps to maintain balance and increase all aspects of health.
Just as channeling Reiki benefits all aspects of your being, so channeling beneficial frequencies like compassion, patience, love, and peace send specific beneficial frequencies deep into your being. From the beginning of my Reiki practice in 2007, I have written many meditations to help balance, ground and center people in preparation for Reiki classes and group Reiki shares. In the process of doing that, it came to me that developing a habit of channeling beneficial frequencies is beneficial, as these are life force energies as well.
As I meditated and communed with the spirit of Reiki, a simple exercise emerged, that I have included for several years now, at the beginning of each meditation. Since most meditations begin with a focus on the breath, I simply added a beneficial frequency and focus for three breaths at the beginning of the meditation.
This exercise is simple enough to add to any individual or group meditation. It not only reminds us of how deeply nourishing beneficial frequencies are, but also embeds the energy of the frequencies deeply within our being. This makes it easier for us to choose patience, for example, in the face of impatience or anger.
Here is an outline of how I incorporate beneficial frequencies into the beginning of a meditation. The specific beneficial frequencies listed below are just examples. You can use any that come up for you. Or choose frequencies that enhance the theme of the meditation, or those that support areas you are working on in your daily life.
How to Incorporate Beneficial Frequencies in Meditations
- I briefly explain that I will begin the meditation with a breath exercise that focuses on nourishing ourselves with beneficial frequencies.
- Next, I say a few words about the theme of the meditation. If, for example, I am sharing a Spring Equinox meditation, I talk a little about the energy of beginnings, then say something like, “As we begin our Spring Equinox meditation, let’s take a few minutes to focus on our breath.”
- Then, I begin the beneficial frequency exercise by saying, “As you take in a nice, deep breath, intend that you are taking in the energy of compassion. To do that, simply say to yourself, I am taking in the energy of compassion.”
- I give a few seconds for the participants to take in the deep breath, then I continue by saying, “As you continue breathing normally, just observe the energy of compassion. What does it mean to you, when you hear the word “compassion”? Maybe it has a shape, color, fragrance or texture, or some other factors that help you recognize compassion.”
- Next, I say, “You can trust the energy of compassion to move freely in your body/mind/spirit. You do not have to tell it to go anywhere or do anything. Just observe it. The energy of compassion comes to you when you call it, to give you something you need right now.”
- I give 1 – 2 minutes of silence for the participants to interact with the energy of compassion.
- I then say, “If your interaction with the energy of compassion has brought to your attention anything that you would like to release, have an intentional exhalation to release it now.”
- After that is done, I repeat steps 3 through 7 twice more, using a different beneficial frequency each time.
- Once that is done, I move into the rest of the meditation.
Other Ways to Bring in Beneficial Frequencies
Calling in beneficial frequencies at the beginning of meditations helps us to remember that they are always available to us at any time. This simple exercise can be used anywhere, as needed.
For example, my husband recently opened his car door, brushing against the car beside him. There was no damage, but the person in the other car was instantly livid. Instead of responding defensively, my husband took a deep breath and called in patience.
Though the other driver was yelling, my husband was able to realize, by using the frequency of patience, that the person was having a hard day. He simply listened, and they mutually agreed that no damage had been done. My husband apologized and said he would be more careful in the future. In that way, the frequency of patience helped to reduce the stress of the situation.
Another example is calling in beneficial frequencies in heavy traffic. Patience is again a good choice. So is perspective. Compassion can open your perspective as well, reminding you of how easy it is to become polarized and not consider all factors when people get in a hurry.
Calling in understanding during a tense meeting is also helpful. Any of the Reiki symbols that you are attuned to, that compliment the beneficial frequencies, are good choices to call in as well.
Calling in Advanced Energy Frequencies
When you have time for contemplation, or if you are teaching a deeply energetic workshop, calling in what I define as “advanced energy frequencies” or shadow aspects of the self, can be helpful.
What I mean by advanced energy frequencies are frequencies that are challenging. Anger, fear, jealousy, etc. can be called in with the intention of seeing where they are located in the being, how they are affecting our daily lives, and how we can heal these areas.
These are called in after a foundation of peace, harmony, and balance is created. So, after explaining the purpose of the meditation, I ask the participants to take 3 deep breaths, with each breath, taking in a beneficial frequency as listed in steps 3 – 7 above. Then I call in one previously agreed upon challenging energy.
For example, if the workshop is focusing on releasing fear, I ask the group to call in fear. I ask them to simply observe the fear, as they did the beneficial frequencies. I ask them to pay attention to how their body/mind/spirit responds to the presence of fear. I ask them to observe where fear is located in their beings. I ask them to use beneficial frequencies such as understanding, compassion, and perspective to bring to light the origins of the fear.
I ask them to see the fear dissolving, like little bubbles, gently fading away, being replaced by the beneficial frequencies. As with the beneficial frequencies, when we are finished working through the fear, I invite the participants to let go of any fear that is ready to be released.
It’s also a good option to end this type of meditation with three breaths, each breath taking in a beneficial frequency, as well.
This type of meditation takes time, so is best done when you have at least an hour to spend on the process. After the meditation, a calming, centering practice such as a hands-on Reiki session helps to reground and center the being.
These are just a few ways in which taking in beneficial frequencies as energetic nourishment can help you in your daily life.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Kriss Erickson is an Usui/Tibetan, Atlantean. Crystal, Karuna®, Ra-Sheeba and Lightarian Reiki Master Teacher, a certified Acutonics Practitioner and the founder of the Elemental Frequencies Dragon Reiki system. She teaches and shares Reiki from her home in Everett, WA. Kriss also creates energetic art that she sells at art fairs, composes original music and is a published author. Reach Kriss at www.risingspiralsreiki.com/ and at email@example.com.