Article by Becky Hernandez
Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen (the Distance Reiki Symbol) is a symbol with no time, no boundaries and no restrictions. It has no prejudice and can allow the Reiki practitioner to access other dimensions and other realms of time and space! This is why it is one of my favorite Reiki symbols to practice with, and for me, it helps allow for more advancement with my intuition and overall Reiki skills.
Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen can be used for many different purposes. Not only working with others at a distance but also for yourself – your past, your present and your future! The past always has a connection with your present and future. The most effective way to help heal and release troubles in your current life is to work with the past. I believe we must see and feel what’s been holding us back. See the truth about our situations, and our life. This is to release these old patterns in order to improve our current state. We must see and heal old wounds, in order to be free of them.
The technique is simple but not always easy. It’s similar to what you would do working with Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen when working with someone else, but the intention is to heal a part of yourself. This is the key.
1. As always, start with your invocation, say your prayers, ask for protection, as well as any other methods you use before you begin Reiki distance healings.
2. Connect to the earth by visualizing or feeling roots coming out from the bottom of your feet, while you do a couple rounds of deep breathing or meditative breathing. This is to help you to get and stay grounded while traveling in these other dimensions of time and space.
3. Then ask your guides and higher self to show you what needs to be healed.
4. Then visualize or draw the Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen symbol and any others you feel drawn to (I always include Cho Ku Rei and Se Hei Ki for this type of healing).
5. Once you are in that space, feeling released and connected – ask again to be shown the best thing to heal for your highest good.
6. Then just allow yourself to be transported. Try not to judge or force it – just allow it to happen TO you. There is no force needed. It is something already within you, and the only key is to allow it.
Most likely you will be shown something from the past, that connects to your current situation. This is to help heal your present and future. Again, just allow it. If you feel sad, happy or any emotion – just allow it.
7. In this state, if you feel drawn to, you can also change the direction of that event. You may be drawn to do things differently within this vision, memory or feeling. This may seem silly but it is a very powerful tool! For example, if you feel called to love, hug, talk to your past, present or future self – do this! It changes the energy of the situation on a different plan, and within the universe – that coincides with and is connected to the now (as everything is connected).
If you have any trouble sensing, seeing or feeling anything, just ask for help. Your guides, higher self and the divine want you to heal.
It might take a couple minutes to really see or feel what needs to be healed, but if you allow it, it will come. And I’ll bet, it’s not what you thought it would be. A lot of times, you do see something that is familiar, then it leads to something else. This not only helps heal the “situation” but helps you to see it from a different perspective. Maybe you thought you did something wrong, and get shown that’s not the case. Maybe you resent someone for their wrongdoing and you get to see where the mistake was yours. Either way, don’t judge it. Just see it for what it is. No right, no wrong, just is.
This technique and work can heal much more than the situation. It can be such a transformation of your whole life. I’ve seen it with my clients and students and I’ve experienced it myself. One event in your past could lead you to a completely different direction then you would have thought. Again, no good or bad, but if you feel you need a shift in your life, perspective, and path – this is a helpful way to work with that. I encourage you to practice this method. You may not see much right away, or at first, but it will come if you can be open to it.
Please let me know how this method works for you, by commenting below! I would love to hear from you!
Much Love and Light! Namaste!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Becky Hernandez is a Usui, Tibetan and Holy Fire Reiki Master and Reiki Master teacher. As well as an Intuitive Healer, Teacher, Spiritual Guide, Certified Yoga teacher, Writer and life long seeker. In love with teaching and sharing her gifts, she teaches classes and workshops on Reiki, Meditation, Chakras, Crystals, Intuition and Angelic guides. You can contact her via her website http://www.themisfityogi.com/ or on Facebook at The Misfit Yogi – Becky Hernandez.