Article by Ashwita Goel, Reiki Master
One common disruptor of regular Reiki practice seems to be traveling. Many people today travel quite extensively for work, and this creates a disruption in their schedules, time crunches and fatigue. While most people are aware that Reiki practice will help quite a lot in the difficulties travel creates, many are often simply too exhausted to sit down for a half to one hour, falling asleep within seconds even if they try.
What many of us forget is that we don’t have to wait until we reach the hotel room, to practice Reiki. One of the most beautiful aspects of Reiki is the fact that it can be done anywhere, and also in parts if needed. Contrary to the idea that travel makes Reiki practice harder, in reality travel gives us to practice hours of Reiki, much more than we would in a normal day!
The Disadvantage of Traveling
Traveling disconnects the Root chakra from the earth and leaves us terribly ungrounded. Many of us have probably woken up from deep sleep completely unaware of where we are, when we travel. This happens because our energy is disoriented and not anchored in our body.
Being ungrounded has several other disadvantages, some of which are dehydration, incapacity to think on the move, feeling restless and a feeling of disconnection from those around us. All of these can be easily dealt with if we simply practice Reiki during our journey.
It’s Really Easy
It may not always be practical to heal all chakras during a journey, but not all the chakras have to be touched to be healed. As such, it is the lower chakras that are affected the most during a journey, so even simply placing your palms over your Root or Sacral chakra for a major chunk of the time can be enough. However, the full-body self-healing can also be done through imagination, where one might place their palms over one position, say the root, thighs or knees, and request the energy to flow to another chakra. This way all the chakra positions can be healed one by one.
And You Can Do So Much More!
Self-healing during journeys is extremely powerful since very rarely do we get the time to practice hours of Reiki otherwise. This can bring about deep healing and also resolve long-term issues. Apart from self-healing, we can also take the help of Reiki in various other aspects of our travel.
- If you have completed your level 2, Reiki can help with ticketing difficulties. If you’re on a wait-list, request Reiki to help and things will somehow work out.
- Once the dates of the journey are confirmed, you can send distant healing to those dates so that the journey is safe, smooth and effortless, and if you have travel companions, that you enjoy each other’s company and are a cohesive group.
- Long journeys which require us to be seated can cause poor circulation and the phenomenon of ‘heavy legs’. This occurrence is remarkably rare when Reiki is practiced continuously. When we heal our thighs and knees, Reiki ensures that circulation remains healthy and there is no pain or heaviness in the legs, and feet do not freeze.
- Airplane food (or packaged food) is dehydrating and low on energy. When we heal this food, we help the body integrate it better.
- If you find it difficult to fall asleep in a seated position, request Reiki to flow to your shoulders and the back of your head, and you should be asleep in no time.
- Simply flood disturbing co-passengers and screaming children for quick relief in a troublesome journey!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Having learned Meditation as a child, Ashwita incorporated Reiki into her life during her early teens. After a decade of witnessing the magic Reiki, she felt compelled to take up Reiki professionally, and ended her corporate career in 2007, taking up Reiki full-time. She eventually incorporated EFT, hypnotherapy and past life therapy into her work. Apart from her healing work, she teaches Reiki and meditation, and her book ‘Healing Through Reiki’ is available on Amazon. You can connect with her through Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Reiki.Bangalore,
her website http://www.reiki-bangalore.com/ or visit her blog http://www.ashwita.com/zen/