Article by Haripriya Suraj, Reiki Master
The term lightworker is used to refer to a person who works to help bring love and light to our planet. The means and avenues that lightworkers use to fulfil this higher purpose are many. Reiki is most certainly one among them. Many Reiki healers are lightworkers who are helping to raise the level of consciousness on our planet through their work with Reiki.
Being a Reiki lightworker does not mean that one is a perfect human being or that he or she has no inner work to be done. In fact, many lightworkers choose to experience multiple challenges during the course of their lifetime so they may emerge stronger. These experiences help them combine the wisdom gained from earthly experience with the loving light of the higher dimensions and thereby support others. There are other lightworkers who are wise and strong. It appears like they have always been that way! They shine their light upon the world just by being who they are. There is a large variety of lightworkers and each one has a specific gift to offer.
There is a point on the journey when a lightworker awakens to the fact that he or she has come to play a specific role on Earth. Have you experienced such a moment? If yes, have you taken any measures to fulfil your purpose yet?
If you resonate with this, it is very likely that you are a Reiki lightworker. As a Reiki lightworker, you can help spread light by offering Reiki to people, plants and animals. You can attune others to Reiki and teach them to heal themselves. You can write about Reiki, speak about it and create awareness in numerous ways that appeal to you. And you can do this in small ways that will fit into your current lifestyle and schedule. You do not have to make major changes to your life in order to do this work. Small steps are all it takes. And who knows where those small steps will lead you one day? The Universe may have a grand plan for you and wish to work through you for the higher good of the Earth. So, dear friend, if you can feel an inner calling, do not wait anymore. Just get started wherever you are!
This exercise can help you get started and launch you on your path.
- Take a piece of paper and a pen.
- If you have a specific idea (or ideas) in mind regarding how you would like to fulfil your lightworker mission, jot that down on the paper. If you know that you are here to do something but don’t know what exactly that is, just write the words ‘Reiki Lightworker Mission’ on your piece of paper.
- Draw the Reiki symbols on the sheet of paper.
- Place the piece of paper on a sacred space such as your altar or any other clean surface. Cup your palms in the air (directly over the piece of paper) and visualise Planet Earth spinning between them. Let Reiki flow through your palms and reach the Earth. This act helps you get into ‘lightworker mode’ immediately. By consciously sending healing energy to the Earth, you have already commenced your mission in a small way.
- As you send healing energy to the Earth, connect with the higher realms of light (Masters, Guides, Angels). Request them to get you moving on your path by bringing you additional opportunities that will help you fulfil this mission.
- Visualise or feel yourself doing what you are meant to do. Do not strain to see the details. Just tune into how you will feel when you fulfil your mission. Lightworkers usually feel a sense of peace and contentment when they visualise their mission playing out. They experience a knowing that they have a specific role to play and just thinking about this role brings joy and peace to their being. If you can tune into that sense of contentment, it means you are right on track.
- Give thanks and know that it will be done.
- Place the piece of paper in your Reiki box. Alternately, you may burn it and release your request out into the ethers.
After this meditation, be aware of any insights, constructive ideas and opportunities that you receive. You may receive these inputs over hours, days or weeks. This is how the higher realms communicate with us- by giving us insights and ideas. Do not dismiss such ideas as your imagination. Instead, make a note of them and begin working on them in a small way. Be alert and consider any other opportunities that come your way. The moment you take one step, the Universe will take ten more steps to assist you! Trust and charge ahead with confidence. As a Reiki lightworker, you have a lot to offer!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Haripriya Suraj is a Reiki Master, Angel Healer, and Spiritual Teacher. She was drawn to Reiki right from her childhood and Reiki went on to become part of her life’s purpose. Reiki is her constant companion from which she derives peace and contentment. She is also deeply connected with the angels, with Angel Healing being an integral part of her Reiki practice. After reaping the fruits of Reiki practice in her life, she was inspired to spread the joy of Reiki and the light of the Angels. Haripriya offers courses in Reiki and Angel Healing as well as distance healing services. She resides in Bangalore, India. Reach Haripriya on her blog at lightworkersonearth.com, on email at email@example.com and on Facebook at Angel Light.