Article by Jason Grace
Intuition is one of the tools that we utilize as Reiki practitioners. The Tarot is a way to get more information. It’s an age old tool to access the deeper areas of knowledge and is perfect for this. You just need to know how to access the information. I will be presenting two of the layouts that I sometimes use before a session to get a much deeper understanding of my clients energy system and karmic influences.
The first spread that I will do is the Energetic Body spread. This is a layout consisting of four cards. You lay them out in a straight line from left to right.
- The first card represents your physical body. This card can tell you how a physical problem can be manifesting, such as underlying issues and causes.
- The second card represents your emotional body. This one tells you about the emotional state, such as conditions that are foundations for emotional blockages.
- The third card represents your mental body. It gives us information about our mental space, like blind spots we may have about ourselves or erroneous concepts that are blocking our growth.
- The final card represents the spiritual or astral body. This informs us of the health and well being on a spiritual level. It can reveal karmic influences that are affecting us right now.
Follow your intuition, contemplate each card and how it unveils what was hidden. Ask your guides how this understanding can influence and deepen the flow of Reiki.
The second spread is the Chakra spread. This layout has seven cards in it. You arrange them in a vertical line rising away from you. This reading can give you a lot of different information just by comparing the different cards to each other. It can give you ideas of where blockages of energy exist in the system and where it may be channeling to create an imbalance. Listen to your intuition, listen to your Guides.
- So, the first card relates to the Root chakra. Its color is red and is related to survival and the physical.
- The second card represents the Sacral chakra, which is orange and relates to passion and reproduction.
- The third card will illuminate the Solar Plexus chakra which is yellow in color. This card tells us a lot about a persons interactions with their fellow beings in this world.
- The fourth card is for the Heart chakra and is green. The Heart chakra can reveal a lot about past hurts and future hopefulness. A good indicator of relation of spirit and body, it is often tied up in knots.
- The fifth card relates to your Throat chakra, which is the color blue. This is a good indicator of someones actions in the world and how they express themselves to reality.
- The sixth card is the Third Eye chakra, which is indigo in color. This card can represent blockages to spiritual insight or the revelations to come.
- The seventh card is the Crown chakra which is iridescent white. This is our connection to spirit and can reveal a lot about our connection to the universe and how we feel about our place in it.
Both these readings can provide a foundation to developing ones Reiki insight and intuition. They can guide us to what hand placements are best, especially if we are short on time. It can also help determine what symbols are useful for the clients well being. The cards can also provide a deeper understanding of what the client is telling you. They can point to guides that you may want to work with. It also helps us deepen our trust in our awakening abilities. The Tarot is a useful tool in that in provides a different view like a microscope or a telescope.
I hope this article is useful to all beings in their journey through this world.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Jason Grace is owner of The New Hampshire Meditation and Spiritual Center. He is a Western Vajrayana Buddhist Ngakpa who has been practicing for over 25 years. His focus is on ancient practices that can be applied to any tradition. These practices are to reconnect us with our true selves, nature, nirvana and to relax into our natural state of being. He also does energetic work using several different lineages of techniques like elemental recovery, Reiki, sacred sound and crystals, just to name a few. The karmic vision of his tarot readings is truly unique in its scope and application. His main goal is promotion of peace, healing and harmony through practice and development of our spiritual qualities. Reach Jason at http://NHmeditationcenter.com/, by email at NHmeditationcenter@gmail.com and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/nhmeditationandspiritualcenter/.