Article by Shailja Kapur
The Gokai, five Reiki principles or precepts introduced by Dr. Usui Sensei, founder of Reiki is considered to be a secret method of inviting happiness by believing in it.
Do we live by Reiki principles everyday and abide it fully? To me there is always a possibility of improvement.
In some occasions, worries or repeated thoughts not only distort the aura but also create blockages in energy fields, which create a significant effect on overall health. Worry can be realistic or unrealistic but it is always a great idea to do Reiki healing along with the help of tools to recover at the earliest.
Tools play a significant role in shifting your consciousness by bringing awareness that makes you to live by Reiki precepts to some extent. I would like to share my lovely tools that play an important role to Keep Calm and Carry On, when anxiety or worry triggers. The list is as following:
- Breathing exercise: Take a few deep breaths. Gentle deep abdominal breathing with Reiki symbols and meditation greatly helps in bringing calmness as it supplies more oxygen to the brain. Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. While inhaling visualize Reiki symbols entering through your nose, reaching the abdomen and circulating in your body. While exhaling visualise all the worries, anxieties and tensions are going out from your body.
- Grounding: Do any method you prefer but must do it.
- Heal the finger: Fingers represent the five elements of the body through which run meridians which in turn affect emotions. If worry is overpowering you, just give Reiki to the thumb and ring finger. It helps.
- Affirmation: Just for Today, Do not worry. ( Kyo dake wa, Shin pai suna is a Japanese version )
- Switchword: Take the help of wonderful switchwords; BLUFF, CANCEL
- Mudra: Perform Vyan mudra. Keep palms facing up; touch the tips of index and middle fingers with the thumb while applying a bit of pressure and the rest of the fingers straight.
- Crystals: Though there are so many to choose from but Black Tourmaline and Lepidolite are my favourites. Hold in your hands and visualise it’s absorbing all your worries and anxiety.
- Mantra: OM MANI PADME HUM
Chant the mantra as many times as possible; you can do it throughout the day if you feel like. This peaceful mantra makes you feel grounded and centred.
After the above practice, fill the space with love and light.
In general, we should try to develop a habit of living in the present as the past cannot be changed and worrying about the future can spoil the present moment. I hope these tools can provide you instant help in the time of need. Always believe and trust in the source (God).
Thank you for reading.
Thanks to all my Gurus for their divine guidance and blessings.
Om Mani Padme Hum
Love & Light!
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Shailja Kapur is a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Healer. She got passion for various Reiki practices and other healing modalities. She also practices Candle Healing, Distant Healing, Crystal Healing, Dowsing, Magnified Healing, Yoga and Guided Meditation. She always felt a strong connection with Reiki. She had started practicing Reiki since her childhood without knowing what she used to do is called Reiki. As possibilities are endless with Reiki, her enthusiasm to experiment Reiki and share her experiences with the world. She believes self- purification, self-dedication and selflessness enhances your Reiki experiences. Shailja can be reached via her e-mail address email@example.com.