Article by Darshan.S
We all do the best we can in our lives, having the resources that we have at those points of time. Even then our critical inner voice bullies us with anxious concerns and an endless list of things that are yet to be done. It constantly tells us that we are not good enough, capable enough, smart enough, beautiful enough, rich enough, we are just not enough to our inner critic.
But who’s voice is it? And where does it come from?
Our negative self-talk a.k.a the inner critic is just a part of our scripting and inner programming when we were conditioned by our parents, teachers and peers between the age of 0 to 7.
I’m going to share with you a method of changing this programming to something that is more empowering and meaningful.
- Firstly decide what is it that you want to change? What is your inner critic constantly telling you? Maybe it’s telling you that you are fat and ugly, or stupid and unworthy. Whatever it is telling you write it down in a statement.
Example: you’ll never have enough
- Find a comfortable place to sit, then slowly count back from the number ten, staying in tune with your circular breathing rhythm. Once you are in a state of relaxation shield, ground and invoke the Reiki to flow through you.
- Once the Reiki starts to flow, draw symbol #3 HSZSN on your body and connect to the critical inner statement that you want to change. In this example: you’ll never be enough.
- Once you connect to it notice where is the voice coming from in your body? Maybe it is coming from somewhere in your head, from your heart or from deep inside your core.
- Once you locate where the voice Is coming from. Move your awareness to the voice itself. Is it a male or a female voice? How loud is it? What’s the texture of the voice? More often than not it will not be your own voice.
- Once you find the location and the qualities of the voice. I want you to very gradually and slowly move this voice to your Throat chakra from wherever it is located in the body. Be slow and gentle taking all the time that you need.
- Do it very slowly and you’ll notice that as you move the voice towards your Throat chakra it changes and becomes more soft and gentle and as it reached the Throat chakra the statement itself changes to something more positive.
- If the statement doesn’t change once you move the voice to the Throat chakra, then manually replace the statement with something more empowering. Taking the above example: change the “you’ll never be enough” to “I am enough and I am infinite.” Play around with the statement to find something that moves you and gives you some sort of meaning.
- Once you change the statement or after it has changed automatically repeat the new statement to correspond with inhalations and exhalations. For example, with each inhalation repeat to yourself “I am enough” and with each exhalation, “I am infinite.”
- Do this till the statement become ingrained in your being. Whenever your mind wanders, gently return to your statement and breathing. When you feel ingrained with your new statement, end the session and come back to the here and now.
Doing this once is enough to stop a critical statement from governing your life, if you think a statement is deeply ingrained you can do it multiple times for the same statement or you can use it for different statements. You can integrate it with other healing methods and modalities too, feel free to use this in whatever way that is appropriate for your highest good.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
Darshan is a Reiki healer & teacher, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist and a Professional Dowser. He owns a Metaphysical Store called “Crystal Alchemy” through which he helps spread awareness about Crystals and other Healing Modalities. You can reach Darshan at www.facebook.com/Crystal.Alchemy.Store, www.facebook.com/TheHealingOcean.