Article by Chanchal Gupta
The pain of severe pain is the most painful experience in one’s life and everyone want to get rid of it and live a happy comfort life.
All the dis-eases have some or the other psychosomatic reason attached to it. Here I am sharing my views on sciatica pain, its medical cause, psychosomatic cause and its healing.
The sciatic nerve is the largest single nerve in the human body; it runs from each side of the lower spine through deep in the buttock into the back of the thigh and all the way down to the foot. It serves a vital role in connecting the spinal cord with the leg and foot muscles.
Pain radiating along the sciatic nerve, which runs down one or both legs from lower back is referred as sciatica.
Medical cause of sciatica pain
Sciatica is commonly caused by some type of compression of a spinal nerve in the lower back. There may be many reasons for this compression.
The common sciatica symptoms
The leg pain, numbness, tingling, weakness in the back of thigh, calf and some time foot depending upon where the sciatic nerve has been compressed.
Nadi is an important concept in Hindu philosophy. There are thousands of nadis running all over human body. In kundalini yoga Ida, Pingala and Sushmana are considered to be most important.
Ida is introverted, lunar nadi, lies to the left side of body and refers to the right hemisphere of brain. Ida is pale in color and associated with feminine energy, connected to left nostril.
Pingala is extroverted, solar nadi lies to right side of body and refers to left hemisphere of brain. Pingala is red in color, associated with masculine energy and connected to right nostril.
Giving more importance to one of the energy, thinking one to be better of the other is the base of imbalance of Ida and Pingala and imbalance in these two nadis brings many pains. Sciatica is one of them. The major reason behind this cause is our masculine energy empowers feminine energy or vice-versa or both. Our right half portion of body is associated with male attributes and left half portion is associated with female attributes, when imbalance occurs in these inbuilt qualities, the aura around these masculine or feminine nadi that is Ida and Pingala (energy centers) get disturbed, a hole is created in the aura and our energy goes on depleting which results in a withered aura. Ida and Pingala are the carriers of life force energy, the prana when either or both of these got blocked the prana don’t reach the physical associated organs. If this imbalance still continue to persist this comes to physical body causing uneasiness in sciatic nerve (medical reason may be any hit, some slip or some posture, consult doctor for that) and results as sciatica pain also called as one sided pain.
Healing the sciatica pain:
- Take lukewarm water in the bucket. Put two spoons of salt. Dip your feet for five minutes. (removing negativities) Wipe them.
- Sit in comfortable position.
- Invoke Reiki. Draw all Reiki symbols.
- Clear your Ida, left portion three times by intention saying Reiki clean my left part of body. Let’s all the debris just vanish away as love and light.
- Clear your Pingala right side of body in the same manner.
- Clear all your chakra.
- Give healing to Root and Third Eye chakra for three minutes each.
Keep practicing this way.
* Yoga exercises and left and right nostril breathing can also help to reduce the pain by making flow of prana balanced and healthy in body.
* The most important is making our mind clear on this concept that male and female energy both play a vital role in functioning of our body. Both are equal and have exactly same importance. Body can function properly only when both are in balance state. So to eradicate the one sided pain we have to heal our thinking process. We have to create a balance in our thoughts. We have to balance our energies. Reiki can bring miracles and can change our life. Do practice Reiki.
OM MANI PADME HUM
Stay blessed ever.
Chanchal Gupta (M.Sc.) is a Reiki Master. She is a science teacher and also Masters in Mathematics. These days she is practicing, exploring and trying to connect every aspect of Reiki with science. She is from Chandigarh and lives in Hoshiarpur (Panjab) with a family of . Reach Chanchal at Reiki Miracles do happen on Facebook.