Article by Ashwini Chubé
People often criticise when we as healers fall sick and tell us. “Why don’t you practise what you preach or how can you fall sick if you are a healer?”
Many time people feel, if we are healers how can we get sick. But the fact is we are twice as likely to fall sick as healers if we do not take proper precautions. Reasons being, when we talk to a client or counsel someone we tend to absorb their energies. Also we being empaths we can sense or feel what the client is feeling often making us susceptible to illness. So does that mean we should stop healing. The answer is a big No we should continue to be healers, and at the same time we should follow a 3 step process what I call as the 3 Golden Energy Techniques to keep ourselves away from catching our clients energy.
The 3 important steps (3 Golden Energy Techniques)
- Cord Cutting
Grounding is about being closely connected to mother earth. It is about being in touch with our body and all senses, thus helping us get anchored in our physical form and thus letting go of any negative energy which we may have absorbed. Earth as an elemental energy is capable of balancing our energies. Grounding is especially needed if you are feeling spaced out or dizzy after healing a client or even healing yourself. It is very similar to feeling dizzy after taking a strong medicine. The medicine is working for your good, but it makes you dizzy.
Why is grounding needed?
Grounding is needed for 2 reasons
- To remove excess energy in the system.
- To take away any negative energy absorbed in healing.
Methods of grounding
- Walking on soil grass or sand barefeet: this is an excellent way to ground yourself. Walk at least for 20 minutes.
- Gardening: Gardening helps you connect to mother earth thus helps grounding
- Tree Hugging: Of late this trend started towards tree huggers. Hugging a tree literally helps ground you as it is almost like loving the tree.
- Imagining roots growing from your feet: Another successful grounding technique is to visualize roots coming out of the bottom of your feet, as if you were a tree. Feel the energy of the earth connecting with the bottoms of your feet.
- Raku symbol: This symbol can act as a very good way to ground yourself. Usually taught at the master level you may draw this symbol on Root chakra to ground yourself.
- Eating Roots: Eating roots like carrots, turnips, and radishes can help you ground as they are “roots”.
What are cords
When we connect energetically to another individual, cords are formed. Cords are nothing but energy tubes formed to connecting to others mostly from chakras. Especially if there is an unhealthy, imbalanced or toxic relationship, there are high chances of cords getting formed. These cords can keep pulling energy.
For instance: Many times we carry baggage of past relationships and hence those stop us from attracting the right relationship. It is very important to cut cords from those relationships and set ourselves free.
How are cords created
There is only love and fear. Cords are created due to fears which arise. These could be fears of losing the ones you love, fear of death, fear of not being able to survive or simply fears of being abandoned.
Types visible to clairvoyant eye
- Ropes: fears of survival
- Strings: low confidence
- Blood vessels: broken relationships
- Pipes: unhealthy behaviour
- Sticky webs: dependency
- Chains: addictions and substances
- Trees twigs and branches: constant worry
Cord cutting and its effects:
Cutting cords is very important to heal any dysfunctional, toxic, unbalanced relationships… Cord cutting is even great if you are trying to “get over” someone especially a romantic relationship. At the same time cord cutting doesn’t mean breaking good relationships. It means healing the dear and near relationships by removing the unhealthy elements of them. In this way you just love them and set them free… as setting free and loving unconditionally is the deepest and purest form of love!
I often give example of telephone cords. What do we do once we are done talking to someone on the telephone? We disconnect, don’t we? Irrespective of whether we are talking to the ones we love or clients at work, we need to disconnect. So if that is for phone call why not for energy? Similarly cord cutting is ‘disconnecting’ connection to keep your space active!
Which part of the body to consider to cut cords with to heal unhealthy relationships
- Lower back – Spouse
- Heart – Parents
- Solar Plexus – Ex lovers/ people whom you have dated
- Wings of back – Children
- Neck and Shoulders – Friends, colleagues and also healing clients
Reiki and Cord Cutting
We can cut cords easily with Reiki. Following are the steps to cut cords with the help of Reiki.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Invoke Reiki energy.
- Now use the distance symbol to connect to a person or a situation you wish to cut cords to. Think of it and now draw a Cho Ku Rei 7 times to cut cords and put an intention of cutting cords.
- You may feel physically cords have been removed or cut.
- Add a Sei He Ki symbol and close the session with a giant Cho Ku Rei.
Other Methods of cutting cords
- Archangel Michael: You can invoke archangel Michael and just ask him to help you cut cords. Just say “Archangel Michael please help me cut cords with _______(name of person or situation)” Imagine Archangel Michael cutting cords with his sword of truth.
- Clapping: The most underrated and effective way to cut cords. Simply first identify where the cords are and then clap thrice. Cords will be cut easily. Also, as a variation one can use Hands as etheric scissors or knives.
- Violet flame: It is great divine modality and simply chant its decree to help yourself get away from cords. In my article on transmutation, I have spoken about it in detail.
- Incense: Incense sticks as well as sage and herbs can help in cutting cords. Just burn around person’s aura and it helps.
- Gongs, singing bowls and temple bell sounds: Sound therapy is a great way to cut cords as they create wonderful vibrations to cut cords and ward away negative energy.
Another fantastic technique is shielding. Shielding is like using an umbrella when it is raining or wearing an armour before you go for a war. Energy sensitive people often have adverse effects if not shielded. Shielding is needed for protection against harsh, negative, or lower energies thrown intentionally or even unintentionally at someone. Shielding helps your energy remains high and clean, especially if you are in a harsh environment or around manipulative people.
Here are some ways to shield:
- Metal ball: I often think of a huge ball which is similar to a zorbing ball but only made of metal. Imagine you enter a metal ball which is safe well ventilated and can help you bounce of any negative energies. Now enter that ball and stay there while you feel being harshly attacked by energy.
- Mirror ball: This technique is similar to metal ball, the only difference is in addition to protection this also reflects the negative energy back to the sender. A wonderful way to ward away manipulations.
- Beam of light: Imagine a big beam of spotlight usually in golden or white on you from head to toe. Imagine it acting like a shield to protect you.
- Archangel Michael’s blue cloak: Simply ask for help from Archangel Michael and ask him to place his blue cloak on you for protection against all evil.
- Armour: Do you remember the armour of the old roman warriors or the Spartans? Imagine wearing that kind of armour protecting against any kind of negative energy. Wear this armour twice a day.
- Reiki Symbols: Drawing a Cho Ku Rei can be as effective as any of the shielding techniques. Draw Cko Ku Rei in all 4 directions. This can act as a wonderful protection and shielding technique.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers. Click the image below to subscribe and download the PDF:
In search of some life answers, Ashwini started her journey in 2012.
From an investment banker to a transformational trainer and coach, writer and speaker and eventually an Entrepreneur, Ashwini’s journey has been phenomenal. After doing her MBA in finance and working for 8 years in investment banking Ashwini discovered her life purpose and decided to make a choice to be a transformational trainer, life coach, motivational speaker and a spiritual teacher. She says Reiki helped her find her soul mission. Ashwini has set up a unique company ‘Unicorninsight’ with partners and soul sisters Charuta Rajadhyaksha and Shubhada Kumbhar. Unicorn Insight has 5 brands -1 each for Corporates, Sportsperson, Youth, Children and of course for Wellness and Alternative healing therapies. Unicorn insight trained over 100 people in the first 15 months. Ashwini is a master teacher of Usui Reiki, Violet Flame healing, Angelic healing and is an Access bars facilitator. She has been certified as a trainer by Dale Carnegie. Ashwini is also a mind trainer, an angel card and tarot reader as well as a teacher and conducts workshops on Reiki, Violet flame, Law of Attraction, Gratitude, Vision Boards and Angels, Unicorns, Dragons. She is a regular speaker at HELP talks Mumbai.
The Breakthrough workshop is a life-changing workshop where she teaches tools to empower and change your life.