Article by Ashwini Chubé
People often criticise when we as healers fall sick and tell us. “Why don’t you practise what you preach or how can you fall sick if you are a healer?”
Many time people feel, if we are healers how can we get sick. But the fact is we are twice as likely to fall sick as healers if we do not take proper precautions. Reasons being, when we talk to a client or counsel someone we tend to absorb their energies. Also we being empaths we can sense or feel what the client is feeling often making us susceptible to illness. So does that mean we should stop healing. The answer is a big No we should continue to be healers, and at the same time we should follow a 3 step process what I call as the 3 Golden Energy Techniques to keep ourselves away from catching our clients energy.
The 3 important steps (3 Golden Energy Techniques)
- Cord Cutting
Grounding is about being closely connected to mother earth. It is about being in touch with our body and all senses, thus helping us get anchored in our physical form and thus letting go of any negative energy which we may have absorbed. Earth as an elemental energy is capable of balancing our energies. Grounding is especially needed if you are feeling spaced out or dizzy after healing a client or even healing yourself. It is very similar to feeling dizzy after taking a strong medicine. The medicine is working for your good, but it makes you dizzy.
Why is grounding needed?
Grounding is needed for 2 reasons
- To remove excess energy in the system.
- To take away any negative energy absorbed in healing.
Methods of grounding
- Walking on soil grass or sand barefeet: this is an excellent way to ground yourself. Walk at least for 20 minutes.
- Gardening: Gardening helps you connect to mother earth thus helps grounding
- Tree Hugging: Of late this trend started towards tree huggers. Hugging a tree literally helps ground you as it is almost like loving the tree.
- Imagining roots growing from your feet: Another successful grounding technique is to visualize roots coming out of the bottom of your feet, as if you were a tree. Feel the energy of the earth connecting with the bottoms of your feet.
- Raku symbol: This symbol can act as a very good way to ground yourself. Usually taught at the master level you may draw this symbol on Root chakra to ground yourself.
- Eating Roots: Eating roots like carrots, turnips, and radishes can help you ground as they are “roots”.
What are cords
When we connect energetically to another individual, cords are formed. Cords are nothing but energy tubes formed to connecting to others mostly from chakras. Especially if there is an unhealthy, imbalanced or toxic relationship, there are high chances of cords getting formed. These cords can keep pulling energy.
For instance: Many times we carry baggage of past relationships and hence those stop us from attracting the right relationship. It is very important to cut cords from those relationships and set ourselves free.
How are cords created
There is only love and fear. Cords are created due to fears which arise. These could be fears of losing the ones you love, fear of death, fear of not being able to survive or simply fears of being abandoned.
Types visible to clairvoyant eye
- Ropes: fears of survival
- Strings: low confidence
- Blood vessels: broken relationships
- Pipes: unhealthy behaviour
- Sticky webs: dependency
- Chains: addictions and substances
- Trees twigs and branches: constant worry
Cord cutting and its effects:
Cutting cords is very important to heal any dysfunctional, toxic, unbalanced relationships… Cord cutting is even great if you are trying to “get over” someone especially a romantic relationship. At the same time cord cutting doesn’t mean breaking good relationships. It means healing the dear and near relationships by removing the unhealthy elements of them. In this way you just love them and set them free… as setting free and loving unconditionally is the deepest and purest form of love!
I often give example of telephone cords. What do we do once we are done talking to someone on the telephone? We disconnect, don’t we? Irrespective of whether we are talking to the ones we love or clients at work, we need to disconnect. So if that is for phone call why not for energy? Similarly cord cutting is ‘disconnecting’ connection to keep your space active!
Which part of the body to consider to cut cords with to heal unhealthy relationships
- Lower back – Spouse
- Heart – Parents
- Solar Plexus – Ex lovers/ people whom you have dated
- Wings of back – Children
- Neck and Shoulders – Friends, colleagues and also healing clients
Reiki and Cord Cutting
We can cut cords easily with Reiki. Following are the steps to cut cords with the help of Reiki.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Invoke Reiki energy.
- Now use the distance symbol to connect to a person or a situation you wish to cut cords to. Think of it and now draw a Cho Ku Rei 7 times to cut cords and put an intention of cutting cords.
- You may feel physically cords have been removed or cut.
- Add a Sei He Ki symbol and close the session with a giant Cho Ku Rei.
Other Methods of cutting cords
- Archangel Michael: You can invoke archangel Michael and just ask him to help you cut cords. Just say “Archangel Michael please help me cut cords with _______(name of person or situation)” Imagine Archangel Michael cutting cords with his sword of truth.
- Clapping: The most underrated and effective way to cut cords. Simply first identify where the cords are and then clap thrice. Cords will be cut easily. Also, as a variation one can use Hands as etheric scissors or knives.
- Violet flame: It is great divine modality and simply chant its decree to help yourself get away from cords. In my article on transmutation, I have spoken about it in detail.
- Incense: Incense sticks as well as sage and herbs can help in cutting cords. Just burn around person’s aura and it helps.
- Gongs, singing bowls and temple bell sounds: Sound therapy is a great way to cut cords as they create wonderful vibrations to cut cords and ward away negative energy.
Another fantastic technique is shielding. Shielding is like using an umbrella when it is raining or wearing an armour before you go for a war. Energy sensitive people often have adverse effects if not shielded. Shielding is needed for protection against harsh, negative, or lower energies thrown intentionally or even unintentionally at someone. Shielding helps your energy remains high and clean, especially if you are in a harsh environment or around manipulative people.
Here are some ways to shield:
- Metal ball: I often think of a huge ball which is similar to a zorbing ball but only made of metal. Imagine you enter a metal ball which is safe well ventilated and can help you bounce of any negative energies. Now enter that ball and stay there while you feel being harshly attacked by energy.
- Mirror ball: This technique is similar to metal ball, the only difference is in addition to protection this also reflects the negative energy back to the sender. A wonderful way to ward away manipulations.
- Beam of light: Imagine a big beam of spotlight usually in golden or white on you from head to toe. Imagine it acting like a shield to protect you.
- Archangel Michael’s blue cloak: Simply ask for help from Archangel Michael and ask him to place his blue cloak on you for protection against all evil.
- Armour: Do you remember the armour of the old roman warriors or the Spartans? Imagine wearing that kind of armour protecting against any kind of negative energy. Wear this armour twice a day.
- Reiki Symbols: Drawing a Cho Ku Rei can be as effective as any of the shielding techniques. Draw Cko Ku Rei in all 4 directions. This can act as a wonderful protection and shielding technique.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Ashwini Chube is a Motivational Speaker, Life Transformation Trainer, Wellness coach, Spiritual Teacher, Access Consciousnesses Bars Facilitator & Reiki Grandmaster. Ashwini is also a Writer, an avid blogger and is currently working on her 2 upcoming self help and spiritual books.
She has founded the company Unicorn Insight with a vision to create a world where the world runs on consciousness, joy abundance and love instead of fear, lack and scarcity. Ashwini's mission is to empower individuals to know who they truly and authentically are and help them tap in their power. Unicorn Insight has been instrumental in transformations of lives - whether it is through individual one on one coachings, group workshops, corporate trainings or motivational talks.
Ashwini is a former Investment banker and holds an MBA in finance having worked in Corporate world of Banking and Mergers and Acquisitions with Banks like Morgan Stanley and RBS for 8 years in Mumbai and London before she pursued her calling in 2015.
Get in touch with Ashwini through her Website: www.unicorninsight.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her Facebook page is: facebook.com/ashwinichubeofficial